Kylian Mbappé

slicknick

Was garbage last night , over rated player with burning pace , will never be as good as the GOAT.

Firpo did well, surprised about that...Though to be fair, none of the PSG attackers really pushed themselves that much last night (not to mention, they didn't need to, especially after we failed to convert our chances).
So rather than garbage, he was meh (part of it that is to Firpo, part because he really didn't need to try that much)

Raki13

Firpo did well, surprised about that...Though to be fair, none of the PSG attackers really pushed themselves that much last night (not to mention, they didn't need to, especially after we failed to convert our chances).
So rather than garbage, he was meh (part of it that is to Firpo, part because he really didn't need to try that much)

Most over rated player on the planet for me , seen him have plenty games like that for PSG.

raskolnikov

Only thing I dislike about this guy is how he seemed level headed at first but now seems full of himself.
Cant expect much from a cr7 fanboy but still thought he would be a decent guy.

slicknick

Only thing I dislike about this guy is how he seemed level headed at first but now seems full of himself.
Cant expect much from a cr7 fanboy but still thought he would be a decent guy.

I see what you mean.. hope for his sake that he is different off the field

All I see is that he seems to be involved in some charity work, which is good for him I guess?

Saw the video below on Twitter
[tw]1366056392008871937[/tw]

Yannik

Any footballer does some minor charity off the pitch or tweets about racism once and then. I appreciate it completely, any amount, no matter how small or PR driven they are is helpful on the grand picture and I rather have it with professional footballers than in the hands of Nike/Puma/Adidas and all the corporations involved in modern football. Of course still I would not automatically assume everyone who gives publicly doesn't take privately.
There are people like Rashford who display some genuinity in their approach to get involved politically and fight for bigger causes. And there's guys like Mbappe, Neymar, CR7, Messi, Ibra etc who I honestly can't judge without knowing them personally.

Newcomer

Any footballer does some minor charity off the pitch or tweets about racism once and then. I appreciate it completely, any amount, no matter how small or PR driven they are is helpful on the grand picture and I rather have it with professional footballers than in the hands of Nike/Puma/Adidas and all the corporations involved in modern football. Of course still I would not automatically assume everyone who gives publicly doesn't take privately.
There are people like Rashford who display some genuinity in their approach to get involved politically and fight for bigger causes. And there's guys like Mbappe, Neymar, CR7, Messi, Ibra etc who I honestly can't judge without knowing them personally.
In that aspect, Mbapp? parents are known for being involved (or even heading) some sport associations in their town "Bondy". It is genuine. But of course, since there is money to be made out of things like this, it has also been used by Nike to make a good PR campaign.

Messi983

I don't care what players do off the pitch in their free time as long as they stay out of troubles and their lifestyle doesn't affect their football career (especially if they play for my team).

But as you've said can't judge them without knowing them personally. I mean, Ibra often looks arrogant and full of himself on the pitch but he's probably a fun guy in private. Neymar probably the same. He's Brazilian after all and likes to party (though I'm not really a party guy). Not many people know what Messi likes to do outside the pitch (IIRC he said he doesn't like to watch much football on TV) besides spending time with his wife, kids (and Suarez :p) but I assume he's a pretty quiet and boring person for those not close to him. I could be totally wrong though.

I have no idea about Mbappe, he could be a very cool guy for all I know but I don't like his behaviour on the pitch too much. And as [MENTION=13037]raskolnikov[/MENTION] said I think he wasn't like that when he first "exploded" into the stage at Monaco. But then again, I think many people change from their late teens to early twenty years and even more so if they become world wide recognized stars at a very young age. People start to look different at them and players obviously know that.

slicknick

Sure, he is no Messi, but it wasn't a stinker as it was previously suggested (though nowhere near his performance in the first game)

PSG also played more conservatively, and more defensively afterall (not to mention Icardi was poor & Draxler was invisible, so it's not like he got much support)

eaman

I don't care what players do off the pitch in their free time as long as they stay out of troubles and their lifestyle doesn't affect their football career (especially if they play for my team).

But as you've said can't judge them without knowing them personally. I mean, Ibra often looks arrogant and full of himself on the pitch but he's probably a fun guy in private. Neymar probably the same. He's Brazilian after all and likes to party (though I'm not really a party guy). Not many people know what Messi likes to do outside the pitch (IIRC he said he doesn't like to watch much football on TV) besides spending time with his wife, kids (and Suarez :p) but I assume he's a pretty quiet and boring person for those not close to him. I could be totally wrong though.

I have no idea about Mbappe, he could be a very cool guy for all I know but I don't like his behaviour on the pitch too much. And as [MENTION=13037]raskolnikov[/MENTION] said I think he wasn't like that when he first "exploded" into the stage at Monaco. But then again, I think many people change from their late teens to early twenty years and even more so if they become world wide recognized stars at a very young age. People start to look different at them and players obviously know that.

He never said he doesn't watch much football. I have seen interviews before where messi said he watches football including the premier league. He said in one interview he likes watching cartoons with the kids which is a way of spending quality time with them I suppose

Home of Barca Fans