Copa | Semi-final 1st leg: Atletico Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-2

Neeraj

Need to stay up till 3:30 AM and then stream the game cause no telecast rights :sleep:

I see all 3 results possible in the game; we need to get past atletico to give ourselves the confidence to go far in the CL. According to me, the league is over, so might as well give it our all in the cup competitions.

MIXA

I can't believe that I am actually saying this but Barca need to find a way to score at least one goal, even if it's an ugly mid table team type goal. In years gone by, you just know that Barca scoring 1 goal was a virtual certainty. However this season I have doubts on whether we are actually capable of creating any good chances let alone scoring.

Iarwain

[formation=barca,6]
Jaspers
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-0
Roberto-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-Rakitic-0-Masch-0-0
GOAT-0-0-Denis-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

I'm inclined to put Roberto at RW (with Vidal at RB) but still wouldn't want to play Messi in midfield with two holders behind him.

God Serena

[formation=barca,6]
Jaspers
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-0
Roberto-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-Rakitic-0-Masch-0-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

I'm inclined to put Roberto at RW (with Vidal at RB) but still wouldn't want to play Messi in midfield with two holders behind him.

Why not put Vidal at RW, and Roberto at RB?

Mido

[formation=barca,6]
Jaspers
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-0
Roberto-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-Rakitic-0-Masch-0-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Interesting formation but Denis at this position is dangerous vs Atletico in my opinion.

I would put Gomes or Denis instead of Rakitic who hasn't convinced me at all this season.

bismp

Why does Andre Gomes keep starting?!?!?He is horrible 9 times out of 10.Rafinha and even Denis are better...

F

FlaFCB

If that's true...

All burden of creation on Messi, again. So he'll be away from goal, again.
No one will be in the rw, making it so easy for atletico to mark our players...

It's gonna be good, for Atletico.

xXKonan

The Midfield is unbalanced as well and I still don't understand why he keeps doing this.

I would be okay with Denis-Masche-Gomes or Denis-Masche-Rakitic but he still insists on playing either Two CMs together and no attack minded Midfielders or two attack minded midfielders and no regular CM. It's stupid really.

Mido

If Rakitic plays like Rakitic this could be good !

Time for Gomes to prove himself.

I am optimistic about this game.

Mido

We don't need to go into a physical war again. Defensive stability is key at the moment. I can't believe I am saying this, being a huge advocate of possession football, but it's time to be realistic and become more unpredictable with the absences of Busquets and Iniesta.

Rafinha could be interesting but is he physically fit ?

Neymessi

Need to stay up till 3:30 AM and then stream the game cause no telecast rights :sleep:

I see all 3 results possible in the game; we need to get past atletico to give ourselves the confidence to go far in the CL. According to me, the league is over, so might as well give it our all in the cup competitions.

wtf. They are still not telecasting the copa del rey semi final in our country? :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans