Copa | Semi-final 1st leg: Atletico Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-2

Mido

That's a strange formation, [MENTION=19733]Mido[/MENTION]. A big gap in the middle.

Just to mean that Denis can go wide when Messi penetrates the midfield in order to find spaces when he smoothly sets up the build-up and Gomes may play also as the second pivot if/when Atletico is pressing.

it could also be put as

---------Mascherano---------
---Denis-----------Gomes---
-------------MSN--------------

or

---Mascherano-----Gomes---
--------------Messi------------
---Denis-----------------Neymar
----------------Suarez-----------

if you wish.

I believe denis playing as the "offensive pivot" in a reverse triangle is risky, Messi should assume this role and Denis should go on the right wing.

wisconsincule

Or a 4-2-3-1

[formation=barca,9]
JASPER
0-0-PIQUE-0-UMTITI-0-0
BOB-0-0-0-0-0-ALBA
0-0-GOMES-0-MASCH-0-0
0-0-0-MESSI-0-0-0
VIDAL-0-0-0-0-0-NEYMAR
0-0-0-SUAREZ-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Would love to see this but it won't happen. MSN up front, Denis, Masche and Gomes in the middle. Bob, Pique, Umtiti and Alba in back. I was happy we drew them because I think we can beat them over two legs. After Sunday's performance who knows. Gotta hope Messi is Messi per usual to get some sort of result.

Nucky

Iniesta and Busquets are injured, won't be available for this match. Rafinha might be back.

I'm actually concerned about this game. All the problems remain, the coach is stubborn and clueless, I won't be surprised if we lose in a shameful fashion.

Then unless Lucho puts Masch on DM we are doomed. But I guess instead he will put Rakitić on Buski's position again.

Hardy

Not very confident about this game, will be the typical game with zero shots on target, Messi walking 90 minutes, Neymar with 25 balls lost, Suarez with his beautiful passes to the opponents and the defense owend by Griezman with an header.

F

FlaFCB

Press conference:

Squad for the game:

Cillessen, Masip, Piqué, Rakitic, Denis Suárez, Arda Turan, Suárez, Messi, Neymar Jr, Rafinha, Mascherano, Paco Alcácer, Jordi Alba, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Aleix Vidal, Umtiti and Mathieu.

bismp

I say play Bob at the midfield and Vidal at the RB.Bob cannot possibly be worse than Gomes/Arda/Denis,or at least i hope so.That way we can have both vidal and bob roaming the right wing,while Messi can drift centrally:

[formation=barca,9]
JASPER
0-0-PIQUE-0-UMTITI/MASCHE-0-0
VIDAL-0-0-0-0-0-ALBA
0-0-0-RAKITIC-0-0-0
0-BOB-0-0-RAFINHA-0-0
0-0- MESSI-0-0-0-NEYMAR
0-0-0-SUAREZ-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Last edited:

ATLBarcaFan

This will be ugly, team is in such poor form right now. We weren't great with Iniesta and Busquets in the lineup, without them it's a disaster

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
When you have Messi anything is possible and Atlético aren't hot either.

Glad Lucho is sticking with Jasper. :)

Neymessi

On second thought I am not that pessmistic now. Our main problem is dumbass rotations and against atletico away he will play the best lineup possible.

El Flaco

Diego Simeone on VAR following after Barca weren't awarded a clear goal against Betis last weekend.

"If things happen to Real Madrid and Barcelona then they have more impact and people want to find solutions," Simeone told reporters.

"However, that does make me happy because if Barcelona hadn't been harmed then there wouldn't be calls to find a solution in future and that is a good thing for everyone."

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2017/01/31/5890d65de2704ee40d8b45c3.html

Nucky

Both teams aren't in any special form currently. Draw is IMO the most possible result today.

Home of Barca Fans