Barça draw Atletico for the Copa del Rey semi-final

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As expected, no?

2 gritty Basque teams in 1/8 and 1/4 final and then grittiest team in the world in semis.

Return leg at Camp Nou is a plus.

Kuchi

Having to face Atletico, 2 games and the return leg at home is the best scenario available, compared to just 1 game in the final, with God knows what stupid ref....

We are harder to eliminate in 2 legs, than just one game on a neutral ground. Plus MSN seems in decent form now, win this and we have more than a hand on the trophy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not too bad, it will be a very hard tie but like many have pointed out, it is easier to beat Atletico over two legs than one leg. The key thing is to come away with an away goal at Vicente Calderon.

And remember, we lost to both Celta and Alaves (at home) this season. Then again, we have to beat the best teams in order to be champions.

Visca Barça!

F

FlaFCB

Atlético have eliminated us in many 2 leg ties recently. I'd rather had them in the final.

BarçaBarça

I think it's better to get them now, than in a final, although a final against top-motivated Celta will be hard anyway..
Glad it ends at home - we have a way better chance that way :)

Alik

How do the fixtures look?

Having two tough matches against Atletico whilst we are trying to catch up to Real in the league is not ideal...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How do the fixtures look?

Having two tough matches against Atletico whilst we are trying to catch up to Real in the league is not ideal...

Will be tough...

Our_schedule.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hmmm....Getting a great away result would be important so we can rotate as many players possible in the return leg.

serghei

I think we look in shape these days. We can handle it. The good part is that if we do great in this next month, the confidence and motivation will be sky high to attack all 3 titles again. Better to have a tough schedule but still be in every competition. More great games for us fans. I look forward to the Atletico tie in the Copa.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans