Alexander Isak

Messi983

[tw]1226512538885599233[/tw]

Don't know if my previous sources were wrong but here it says Dortmund can get him back for 30m until 2021, so including this summer. His clause at Sociedad is 70m as it was already mentioned.

The more I watch him more I think we should buy him. He's not Haaland (but I don't believe we'll have much chances to get him next year) but I think he has everything to succeed at the top level.

[youtube]ZVlEv5-uVfY[/youtube]

[youtube]IIOTRgMWaXs[/youtube]

Porque

Dortmund cant match the clause, if there not allowed to buy him right now.

:bartomeu:

Last edited:

Riordon

It’s not just the goal. Take a look at his overall play. Profile wise the ideal forward, an all round type of forward in the mold of Suarez, Etoo and Ibra.
Much more interesting profile than Jovic.

Fast, tall, fantastic dribbler, eyes for a pass, can drift wide, drop to receive the ball, play with the back to the goal.....Would follow him for the rest of the season(which we already do) and bring him if he can keep this up.

Gonna watch the game Saturday against Ajax to see him too

Wrote this a year ago, still holds. And thank god we didn't went for Jovic, not much better with Griezmann though.

My eye for talent is unmatched, only got Ceballos wrong last couple of years if I remember correctly :lol:

Porque

Is the Dortmund buyback clause mandatory if activated or just an option should Isak also agree to return?

If it is the latter then this could be a pretty simple deal. Isak exploded early and Dortmund don't have the capacity right now with Haaland as their sell-on investment until 2021.

Sociedad can either lose him for 30m to Dortmund or 50m to another club, should Isak be interested in a move like to us.

Sweden

Is the Dortmund buyback clause mandatory if activated or just an option should Isak also agree to return?

If it is the latter then this could be a pretty simple deal. Isak exploded early and Dortmund don't have the capacity right now with Haaland as their sell-on investment until 2021.

Sociedad can either lose him for 30m to Dortmund or 50m to another club, should Isak be interested in a move like to us.

He has a clause in the contract saying he must agree himself if Dortmund wants him back for 30M.
He told a swedish newspaper this weekend that he wont agree if that happends.
He is done with Dortmund.

Messi983

He has a clause in the contract saying he must agree himself if Dortmund wants him back for 30M.
He told a swedish newspaper this weekend that he wont agree if that happends.
He is done with Dortmund.

Yes, this is understandable. No club can buy a player if he doesn't agree to sign with them. This is not NBA/NHL where clubs can trade most players whenever they want.

Porque

Yes, this is understandable. No club can buy a player if he doesn't agree to sign with them. This is not NBA/NHL where clubs can trade most players whenever they want.

The big clubs tend to try and incorporate an obligatory buyback clause. I recall we exercised this with both Denis Suarez and Cucurella. But if Isak has to agree to the move then it is very good news for any club interested this summer.

Messi983

That obligatory buyback clause (if negotiated and included in a contract) only means player's current club must accept offer from player's previous club. Player can always reject going back to his former club. It doesn't happen often (mostly because bigger clubs usually include a buy-back when selling players to smaller clubs and players want to get another chance in bigger clubs once they prove themselves in smaller clubs) but in the end players always decide where they want to play. If Isak is happy to stay at Sociedad for 2 more years or if he prefers to go to another club then Dortmund can't do anything to get him back despite their buy-back option.

khaled_a_d

I think it depends on the contract, some players might agree in their deals of the obligatory buyout clause. So all 3 parties agreed on it ahead, length/salary of contract already agreed for the club whenever they want to activate it. Others it is between the w clubs only.
So no, players can not always reject it, because in many cases they have already signed an agreement.
Regarding Isak, his buyout clause is a huge bargain chip for him. Fir example if we are interested to get him but for 50M rather than his 50M and Sociedad want 70M, he can always work a deal with BVB to buy him for 30 and sell for 50 and get those 50M.

mc_lovin

Today was precisely why I dont want him here (as some suggested): hes such a hit and miss player. He could have easily scored a few today (like against Madrid).

vuji_31

Yeah I didn't see that fantastic dribbling even on wide space. Stay away from unskilled players they are not type for Barcelona.

vuji_31

It seems like he is plan b if lautaro fails .

Why I am not excited for Barcelona transfer targets for many years...Except Dembele.

Last times when I was excited about some player is Thiago Silva in 2012.

Last years only shit expensive players are roumored.

Why they are not talking about Sancho,Haaland,Mbappe,Camavinga and others

Home of Barca Fans