Justin Kluivert

Joan

Read it somewhere on Twitter so i don't have a link sorry. But he criticized their board for their decision resulting in bad a bad season once again. Said several players want to leave for a reason etc.

He also said they pressured him to renew so they can sell him for more money and now media and fans all think it's just about money for him.

I mean that's just one side but it was pretty clear he won't continue at Ajax for long. Maybe its Raiola, maybe his attitude or maybe it's true idk.

But the Roma move is smart and there were probably better options (financially) for him so it seems he cares about his development and not only the money.
Thank you! Didn't know.

I would say it's not a bad move since Roma is a great club for youngsters but not that he killed the league or it became too easy for him. Staying wouldn't harm him, tbf.

Messi983

Even his dad was against the move.

I've read that Totti has convinced Patrick it would be the best for his son to move to Roma after it was clear he wants to leave Ajax but it's very likely PK would prefer Justin to stay at Ajax for another season or two if it would be up to him. I don't think Serie A is the right league for young forwards like Kluivert but Roma is playing good, offensive football so it could suit him. Will be interesting to see how he'll develop there but if JK will ever want to reach his dreams and play for Barça I think he'll have to change his agent because I doubt we'll go after him as long as he has Raiola representing him.

Horatio

You're welcome
If I recall correctly a while ago I saw this group of scientists on Dutch television who developed a system to determine what clubs are best to move to based on the style of the team. And I think for Ajax players Roma was a very suited club.

Messi983

Second player in 21st Century (and third overall) after Stevan Jovetic to score in all 5 top leagues (and also in Eredivisie).

Quite an achievement and he's still only 24.

Home of Barca Fans