Jorge Sampaoli

Vilarrubi

I'm not really so sure if Sampaoli would be the correct successor when Lucho is gone.

His midfield is often really poor. Concedes a lot of chances and is waaaay too open.

Yeah but Chile and Sevilla play very open... I'm sure he would adapt.

It's his motivation, fitness and the players believe in him. That's what he brings.

Chile were amazing to watch under him who beat Argentina, Spain, Brazil, England etc.

Plus we saw the relationship which is already there with Mascherano, Messi and Neymar.

behindbrowneyes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/15/jorge-sampaoli-leading-contender-replace-luis-enrique-barcelona/

Even British press knows what Barca needs.

I say sign him up, sell few players, give him ~100M transfer budget and let him select his own players.

Fuck the 100M transfer budget. Sign Monchi too and they two will buy 3 players combined with a lower price tag than Paco and still play great football.
Sampaoli is this "play players at their best position and get the best out of them" type of coach.

Sadly I don't think this will happen at all. I'm not talking about Monchi, I'm talking about Sampaoli. After the failed experiment with Tata this board won't sign a coach without Barça-past. I know, you can't compare these two after what Sampaoli is doing with Sevilla atm, but board will think like this.

New coach will have Barça-past so be prepared for Koeman, Valverde, Óscar Garcia. In worst case Unzue will be Lucho's heir.

F

FlaFCB

IF there were smart people on this board... but it'll be Koeman.

Vilarrubi

Honestly, Sampaoli probably dreamt of managing Barcelona when he became a manager, who wouldn't (Unless your Madridista)

An Argentinian manager managing the team which Maradona and other greats played for and Messi now.

It seems really simple with the 1.5m buyout too, but you can't help think there will be hurdles put in the way which don't need to be there.

Devils

IF there were smart people on this board... but it'll be Koeman.

Even the board would acknowledge Messi's admiration for Jorge. Masch and Neymar hold him to a high regard as well.

I think Sampaoli is the most likely candidate. He's said it's a dream of his to coach Messi, he's on a two year contract and has a low release clause, our players hold him at high value and overall he's a proven fantastic coach.

I actually think it would be harder to get Koeman than it would be to get Sampaoli. Sampaoli seems very eager to come.

malvolio

Players would want him because he is from South America. Koeman being dutch has a different character and mentality. Unfortunately it also depends on what our board wants...

F

FlaFCB

Even the board would acknowledge Messi's admiration for Jorge. Masch and Neymar hold him to a high regard as well.

I think Sampaoli is the most likely candidate. He's said it's a dream of his to coach Messi, he's on a two year contract and has a low release clause, our players hold him at high value and overall he's a proven fantastic coach.

I actually think it would be harder to get Koeman than it would be to get Sampaoli. Sampaoli seems very eager to come.

I surely hope you're right. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if this board snubbed him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sampaoli will also have no problems getting the squad to listen to his ideas already having the backing of the heavyweights in the squad, something Koeman and Valverde might have to work hard for. To get their complete trust and follow them and their ideas completely from the get go.

The thing that gives me more hope is Messi's renewal. If the board want him to sign on that contract, they should really go out of their way to appoint J.S.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans