User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Jorge Sampaoli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    No it's not. It's funny how fashionable it is to write off Leicester as a mickey mouse team, don't think it is thought through at all. Leicester have abandoned Ranieri en route for reasons still unknown, yet even in their worst form they still managed big wins when they really wanted to compete. It's evident they can raise their level of play depending on the occasion. And they have showed a totally different face in the CL than in the EPL.

To Blast Sevilla on this and league results, from a guy aggressively defending Lucho until the PSG loss, it's pretty ironic.
    Leicester are 100% the 'mickey mouse' team in the CL. Given their horrible title defense--including the failure to score for an unprecedented amount of game-time in 2017--it is more than fair to characterise them at such. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Sevilla should have beaten them, and that failing to do so, for a team that is pushing Real and Barca in Spain, is a disaster.

There is a difference between defending Lucho and criticizing Leicester. For all of Lucho's faults (and there are many), even before the 4-0 he had at least he kept us within distance of Real and sealed another cup final. Not the ideal title-defense, but certainly preferable from dropping to the relegation zone a la Leicester.
    peptastic

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inb4 Leicester eliminates Atletico

Chelsea were also unbelievably crap the season they won the CL with a 10x better squad than Leicester. Shit happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    I would say that is exactly the only thing you can call it.
    No, I would say you are unlucky if you hit post from 20 m or so, missing penalties has nothing to do with luck.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    Leicester are 100% the 'mickey mouse' team in the CL. Given their horrible title defense--including the failure to score for an unprecedented amount of game-time in 2017--it is more than fair to characterise them at such. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Sevilla should have beaten them, and that failing to do so, for a team that is pushing Real and Barca in Spain, is a disaster.

There is a difference between defending Lucho and criticizing Leicester. For all of Lucho's faults (and there are many), even before the 4-0 he had at least he kept us within distance of Real and sealed another cup final. Not the ideal title-defense, but certainly preferable from dropping to the relegation zone a la Leicester.
    The devil is in the details. Leicester abandoned all hope of top four finish by September. All they care about since then is the CL, a competition Leicester might never play again. Using their league form to assess their might in CL makes little sense.

Similarly, holding Sevilla to FCB-RM-ATL expectations in the CL, just because they're mounting a challenge in la liga, is like an excuse to be disappointed in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    No, I would say you are unlucky if you hit post from 20 m or so, missing penalties has nothing to do with luck.
    Of course it does. It's statistically improbable, even with Sevilla struggling from the spot.
    Last edited by TornAndFrayed; 17th March 2017 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, then we just have a different definition of what luck means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sampaoli admitted that winning La Liga is out of question and his Sevilla are now focusing on gaining automatic qualification for the CL.

http://en.as.com/en/2017/03/19/footb...17_106657.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wants to train Messi so bad that he takes over the mess that is the argentine national team..
    That clearly means he could live with our circus as well..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point, I'd rather have him...

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be new Argentina National Team Coach, but before that, I hope he can do Messi and Barca a huge favour against Real Madrid.

Our hopes now hinge on Sevilla and Celta after Valencia failed to take anything away from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will se his true tactical skills against RM in two weeks. I am truly interested...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be great to have him after coaching Argentina. We can have him after 3 or 4 years.