Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jorge Sampaoli

President of FC Barcelona
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Surely they have to.

As much as would like to see him at Barca feel a bit sorry for Sevilla who have been the most interesting team in Spain to watch this season.
    They should, and while I would love to see Sevilla also launching themselves as title challengers as it'll make the league better, I'm selfish and want Sampaoli to reject that and come here
    Il faut bonne mémoire après qu'on a menti

SiempreBlaugrana
    Sevilla can have Lucho as a consolation.

Suarez, Neymar, Messi. SNM. Show No Mercy.

If he stalls with the decision then it is clear that he wants to come. And we should make use of it.

Sevilla President said they offered him a contract extension, adding another year to his contract and CONFIRMED his buyout is 1.5m

Licho out!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Sevilla President said they offered him a contract extension, adding another year to his contract and CONFIRMED his buyout is 1.5m
    Nothing will change, then? They offered an extension, but the buyout will remain?

Quote Originally Posted by FlaFCB View Post
    Nothing will change, then? They offered an extension, but the buyout will remain?
    No, I think their intention is to give him a raise and remove that buyout, or at the very least convince him to stay there for another season. The Sevilla President just confirmed that the 1.5m buyout for this summer exists.

I think Sampaoli kept that in case Argentina called him, but that doesn't seem likely any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi View Post
    Sevilla can have Lucho as a consolation.
    Hopefully he will be smarter than Rikaard and goes only for big club. What he has done in 1st two years should definitely warrant that

I've read yesterday that Sevilla is considering to offer Sampaoli's job to his current assistant Juanma Lillo if Sampaoli will leave. Dortmund is apparently also interested in both Sampaoli and Lillo but I don't really believe they'll give up on Tuechel yet.

It's really hard or almost impossible to know what sort of impact an assistant coach has from the outside but from what I've read Lillo is a tactical genius (even Pep admitted he learned a lot when he played for him in Mexico) so I'm wondering how he really influenced on Sampaoli's tactics this year or if/how he help him to adapt to Spanish and European football sooner than he would without him. Yes, Sampaoli had success before Lillo joined him with Chile NT in 2015 and Lillo himself didn't really do great in his coaching career before (mostly in lower division spanish teams but he coached some time in La Liga too) but I still wonder if losing his right hand could have a negative influence on Sampaoli if he'd join us.