Jorge Sampaoli

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Surely they have to.

As much as would like to see him at Barca feel a bit sorry for Sevilla who have been the most interesting team in Spain to watch this season.

They should, and while I would love to see Sevilla also launching themselves as title challengers as it'll make the league better, I'm selfish and want Sampaoli to reject that and come here :lol:

DonAK

Sevilla President said they offered him a contract extension, adding another year to his contract and CONFIRMED his buyout is 1.5m

F

FlaFCB

Sevilla President said they offered him a contract extension, adding another year to his contract and CONFIRMED his buyout is 1.5m

Nothing will change, then? They offered an extension, but the buyout will remain?

DonAK

Nothing will change, then? They offered an extension, but the buyout will remain?

No, I think their intention is to give him a raise and remove that buyout, or at the very least convince him to stay there for another season. The Sevilla President just confirmed that the 1.5m buyout for this summer exists.

I think Sampaoli kept that in case Argentina called him, but that doesn't seem likely any time soon.

Messi983

I've read yesterday that Sevilla is considering to offer Sampaoli's job to his current assistant Juanma Lillo if Sampaoli will leave. Dortmund is apparently also interested in both Sampaoli and Lillo but I don't really believe they'll give up on Tuechel yet.

It's really hard or almost impossible to know what sort of impact an assistant coach has from the outside but from what I've read Lillo is a tactical genius (even Pep admitted he learned a lot when he played for him in Mexico) so I'm wondering how he really influenced on Sampaoli's tactics this year or if/how he help him to adapt to Spanish and European football sooner than he would without him. Yes, Sampaoli had success before Lillo joined him with Chile NT in 2015 and Lillo himself didn't really do great in his coaching career before (mostly in lower division spanish teams but he coached some time in La Liga too) but I still wonder if losing his right hand could have a negative influence on Sampaoli if he'd join us.

Antimilan

If he didn't leave for Argentina before joining Sevilla, which is his long awaiting dream, he won't ever leave for any other club before establishing himself first or win something important. One thing I learned about Sampaoli during his stay here, the guy is very intelligent and doesn't make stupid decisions in overall.

What if he fails at Barca? You guys along with everyone else will be wanting him out and he'll probably have to settle for a medium team or go back to South America. I can guarantee you that he will stay at least for another season at Sevilla, meanwhile, you better get Koeman and start to build something that's worth cheering for, as I'm sick of my father (a cule) cheering for a club that is very Messi-dependent, it is not even funny anymore.

Moreover, I'm sick of seeing RM winning CL's with ease and now leading in La Liga because their bench is phenomenal and to be brutally honest, only Isco is miles ahead of Rafinha, Gomes, Denis if they were 3 in 1 player, let alone the others like Kroos, Modric etc.

So, the only way that Barca can become a serious team again and battle in all fronts bravely, is to have a proper bench... not jokers like the one you currently have. Also, for Sampaoli to make things work at Barca, he will need Arthuro Vidal or someone like him (hard to find)... not even N'Zonzi cuts it the way Sampaoli plays.... a box to boxer with a lot of experience, a hard tackler etc. which Barca also lacks, and to be honest, the only team suiting Sampaoli perfectly would be RM at the moment.

So cut the crap and send a letter to your management or something, become a serious team and give Messi some break... he can't win all the titles himself... let him be a bit like Cristina (no duels, tap-ins, penalties etc.) and still wins Ballon D'or.... Messi deserves that or even better. Lastly, Neymar needs a slap behind the neck to.... for the countless chances and balls he is missing/losing over and over.

DonAK

I see your point @Antimilan, although I disagree with Sampaoli not suiting Barcelona and needing a Vidal type of player considering how adaptable he is, and the success he had in Chile with Universidad de Chile.

I wonder if the attraction of coaching Messi will tempt him though, which I think will make him think a lot. With AFA being so incompetent, he might not be the next Arg coach any time soon anyway.

DonAK

So Sampaoli just cares for possession irrespective of the outcome?

Nope, ironic statement, on the contrary he's not going to boast about possession if he loses. Although that's the style of play he endorses, to keep possession and dominate.

Home of Barca Fans