Jorge Sampaoli

snowy

I get the feeling they're actively trying to recruit him. Suarez even sent him a box of Chinese moon cakes last week!

+ he seems to be a natural anti-madridista http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2609145-jorge-sampaoli-compares-lionel-messi-neymar-luis-suarez-to-real-madrids-bbc

by the way, is there a temporary limit on how many times we can change avatars? I've been trying to change mine to the CAT but I'm stuck on Ace Rimmer :-(

could you or [MENTION=20286]El Flaco[/MENTION] super dooper kindly with 2 sugars on top pretty plllleaaaase help me change it this one time? :wave:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Strange, you should be able to change it whenever you like. Maybe size of it was beyond limit?

KiX7777

I would be delighted if he becomes our new coach. He is offering himself to us, but, our stupid board will go for Unzue. Then, Sampaoli will come after zero tituli season.

FC B

Maybe that will be the stupidest out of all decisions, how dumb should they be to make Unzue first coach while there are much better options to chose from ?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not stupid, but people take it for granted.

Just because a former player played for Barca and is a coach now, doesn't mean that the style of play he stands for is a part of the Barca DNA.

I would say Sampaoli's football got 5x the Barca DNA than Koeman's despite the latter's history at the club.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
"Stupid Barca DNA" is what made this club the best in the world.

Barca's football philosophy made this club the best in the world. Barca DNA is nowadays a stupid banal term used for describing players who could potentially play for Barca.

It's what people using the term want it to be. Barca DNA is a pretty all-encompassing notion that not so bright people will find convenient to overuse as an argument. There are plenty of legit instances to use it though... Do we want POgba or Verratti in midfield, for example ?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What it's used for nowadays by some doesn't matter.
You perfectly well know, or you should know, what it stands for.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What is Barca DNA though? Have we always played the same way since the club was founded more than 100 years ago? Things change over the years. There is no reason to reject anybody just because he or she has not been associated with us in the past or if he or she doesn't suit possess/suit certain perceived characteristics of what is considered Barca.

Home of Barca Fans