Jorge Sampaoli

BarçaBarça

Ahh, I remember the days when many in here where calling the board morons for getting Valverde over Sampaoli, because Sampaoli obviously was some kind of coaching God and a sure bet..
How times have changed :coffee:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Ahh, I remember the days when many in here where calling the board morons for getting Valverde over Sampaoli, because Sampaoli obviously was some kind of coaching God and a sure bet..
How times have changed :coffee:

That would have fetched at least one thing though - We would still have won the league, the Cantena products would have probably played more and mainly we would never have lost to Roma

vlad

Seems like more of an egotist tbf. Chooses players on the basis of his preference rather than merit.

There is no way a player like Dybala can be left out, who has scored 26 goals in Seria A, Icardi who was top scorer in the most defensive league. And, replaced by guys like Meza.

About icardi, its not due to sampaoli, players doesnt want him in the squad because he took wife from maxi lopez, really stupid reason if you ask me, let icardi and lopez deal with that, what that has to do with NT, they are acting like some sort of gang.

About this WC, i dont think sampaoli was the main problem, he picked wrong players, but after the group we could read how he isnt in charge anymore, and still dybala on the bench vs croatia, so i wouldnt be suprised if ream decided not let dybala play, messi is their captain so he also has something to do with it. I dont feel sorry for them, just for ARG fans, they can wait until this generation retires and hope that new players will be smarter, until then this squad will bring them just frustration

Sampaoli was great at sevilla and chile, his teams with less quality then this argentitina side played nice attacking football, you dont suddendly turn shit just like that

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
About icardi, its not due to sampaoli, players doesnt want him in the squad because he took wife from maxi lopez, really stupid reason if you ask me, let icardi and lopez deal with that, what that has to do with NT, they are acting like some sort of gang.

About this WC, i dont think sampaoli was the main problem, he picked wrong players, but after the group we could read how he isnt in charge anymore, and still dybala on the bench vs croatia, so i wouldnt be suprised if ream decided not let dybala play, messi is their captain so he also has something to do with it. I dont feel sorry for them, just for ARG fans, they can wait until this generation retires and hope that new players will be smarter, until then this squad will bring them just frustration

Sampaoli was great at sevilla and chile, his teams with less quality then this argentitina side played nice attacking football, you dont suddendly turn shit just like that

His long-time assistant coaches from his Chile and Universidad de Chile left him. People that had been with him for more than 8 years. And they left because of what happened in the WC camp in Russia.

Something went wrong, perhaps the pressure got too much of him, perhaps he realized how much he had fucked up, but doubled down on his mistakes. Perhaps he blamed everyone but himself.

That Messi deciding team thing is BS and the reason for Messi and Sampaoli having a confrontation after the game vs Croatia.

But something went awfully wrong for a lot of people that had been for him for a long time to ditch him like.

He was probably in charge, but lost the dressing room with them being on his assistant coaches side. Everyone warned Sampaoli to not expect Messi to carry them alone, but he turned into such a big Messi fanboy instead of a coach that he fell right into the same trap as people before him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans