Jorge Sampaoli

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And Laporta wanted Beckham but failed and then Rosell signed Ronaldinho.

Rosell using his Brazil connection to sign Ronaldinho and later Neymar. His redeeming factor I guess.

Ironically, the same connections that has landed him under federal investigation in the United States.

khaled_a_d

And Laporta wanted Beckham but failed and then Rosell signed Ronaldinho.

Ok,I appreciate Rosell for that and I don't want to go off-topic but was it Rossell who wanted it?
Beckham deal was agreed from the whole team b4 election,that was both Laporta,Rosell and co. They went for him and failed,went for R10 afterwards.
So was it Rosell really football vision that made him signing R10 or he was just a guy doing what he is asked to do?
tbh all those arguments (including Donak statement) are really subjective,no one knows what happen behind the scenes

Last edited:

DonAK

Ok,I appreciate Rosell for that and I don't want to go off-topic but was it Ros=sell who wanted it?
Beckham deal was agreed from the whole team b4 election,that was both Laporta,Rosell and co. They went for him and failed,went for R10 afterwards.
So was it Rosell really football vision that made him signing R10 or he was just a guy doing what he is asked to do?
tbh all those arguments (including Donak statement) are really subjective,no one knows what happen behind the scenes

You got a point that they might have all decided on Beckham before the election, but I think Rosell's connections through his work for Nike in Brazil played a significant role in securing Ronaldinho who otherwise might have ended up in Man Utd. There was a documentary about the board's first year where I think they show that Rosell actively used his contacts to snatch R10 in front of Man Utd. Not sure though.

Didn't find it in English although I'm sure there was an English version. Rosell took charge of the negotiations with R10 and his entourage. From 5 minutes in.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

You got a point that they might have all decided on Beckham before the election, but I think Rosell's connections through his work for Nike in Brazil played a significant role in securing Ronaldinho who otherwise might have ended up in Man Utd. There was a documentary about the board's first year where I think they show that Rosell actively used his contacts to snatch R10 in front of Man Utd. Not sure though.

I didn't argue that,but if he used his connections b/c someone else (Laporta/Rijkaard/Crujif etc) wanted R10 then he is gr8 negotiater who closed a deal,that is doing well in business but doesn't mean having the right football vision or opinion etc. Not sure I am using the right words btw :lol:

DonAK

I didn't argue that,but if he used his connections b/c someone else (Laporta/Rijkaard/Crujif etc) wanted R10 then he is gr8 negotiater who closed a deal,that is doing well in business but doesn't mean having the right football vision or opinion etc. Not sure I am using the right words btw :lol:

Oh, yeah I see it now.

Always saw Rosell more as a businessman taking charge of those matters with a different vision to Laporta + Cruyff which is why they clashed like that.

BarcaOG

Banned
He's a good coach but I can't help but think about all those posters here who want Lucho's head on a pike and proclaim Sampaoli as Barca's saviour.

Elimination by Leicester is huge failure by Sevilla. Not to mention the Sevilla's recent loss of form in league play.

Alik

Elimination by Leicester is huge failure by Sevilla.

Leicester has had some high-profile wins this season. And one of them was whooping Guardiola 4-2. It happens.

Sevilla were not outplayed. They were just unlucky not to finish their chances.

Neymessi

Leicester has had some high-profile wins this season. And one of them was whooping Guardiola 4-2. It happens.

In the second leg, sevilla were shit according to their standard this season, and honestly got outplayed.

Messi983

You can say that about the first leg but not second. Although I don't think you can call two missed penalties as being unlucky.

He's a good coach but I can't help but think about all those posters here who want Lucho's head on a pike and proclaim Sampaoli as Barca's saviour.

Elimination by Leicester is huge failure by Sevilla. Not to mention the Sevilla's recent loss of form in league play.

No it's not. It's funny how fashionable it is to write off Leicester as a mickey mouse team, don't think it is thought through at all. Leicester have abandoned Ranieri en route for reasons still unknown, yet even in their worst form they still managed big wins when they really wanted to compete. It's evident they can raise their level of play depending on the occasion. And they have showed a totally different face in the CL than in the EPL.

To Blast Sevilla on this and league results, from a guy aggressively defending Lucho until the PSG loss, it's pretty ironic.

Messi983

And they have showed a totally different face in the CL than in the EPL.

That's true but they are nowhere near the same team they were last season. People would complain less if Sevilla would go out against last year's version of Leicester but they were bad this season and Sevilla was a big favourite in this matchup for a reason. So it is a disappointment and failure for them to go out.

That's true but they are nowhere near the same team they were last season. People would complain less if Sevilla would go out against last year's version of Leicester but they were bad this season and Sevilla was a big favourite in this matchup for a reason. So it is a disappointment and failure for them to go out.

Are you sure they are "nowhere near" ? Losing Kante hurt them immensely, but it's clear they have been choosing their games this season, and Ranieri paid for it, and again we don't know what happened yet but from the outside it sure looks like a betrayal from the players. And wouldn't you know it, 3 victories in 3 games since Ranieri was sacked.

Sevilla was favourite, but certainly not by a million miles to me, all in all can't say i'm surprised that Leicester pulled through. Same with Monaco.

Messi983

I don't care about the reasons why they are worse this season, they just are, even if they were playing against Ranieri or some stupid thing like that.

Home of Barca Fans