We need a worldclass playmaker at all costs!

iniesta_8

Adding a worlclass Midfielder like De Bruyne or Modric to this team would make us the team to beat again! MSN are starving upfront:( Iniesta can't do it all season anymore!

I would tray to sign a playmaker at all costs, (even if we needed to sell/trade Neymar for that)!!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We do need a playmaker but only if Lucho changes his system. Or hard working MC like Verratti.

Diogo28

Or Lucho could grow a pair, tell Messi to play as RW again and bench Neymar if he keeps playing this bad.

serghei

When Messi will permanently move in the center, as he gets older, to be a trequartista (like a much better Totti), we would eventualy need a double pivot as a cover behind him. So, in that respect, it would be better if, in time, we would find ourselves a classic RW and switch to a 4-2-3-1. Someone like Verratti would be ideal for that plan, because he could form a double pivot with Busi, but he could also play a bit higher in a 4-1-4-1.

So, I don't think we need a no10. We have Messi. We need a player who is very solid defensively, runs 11-12 km when he has to, and can also pass very well.

Last edited:

Neymessi

There aren't many world class names who are available but yeah if there is one position that will instantly improve us if we get a world class player there then that would be attacking mid. This season after a lot of transfers I thought we will have the midfield of pep times but looks like we just added numbers.

Only coutinho is a realistic bet and while verrati is better than him, he is unrealistic due to PSG. I think coutinho will modify his game to suit us. At barca you have to always play a bit different. If this season we do bad, we should go all out to make coutinhio our marqee signing for next season.

BarçaBarça

I want us to get either Thiago or Coutinho, both somewhat realistic to buy (relatively reasonable price looking at the clubs history + both would listen to the players wishes).
Thiago fits the profile better, that I want for us.

The injuries is a problem for both of them, but nearly twice as bad for Thiago (in terms of time out, in all of their carriers).
Coutinho's golazos can blind you a little, because as I see it, it would be more useful with better passing-skills than long-range-shots in Barca.
That said, he could actually get better than he is now, if he plays regularly with better players (than in Liverpool). Thiago already has very very good players around him, so we might have seen his peak-level (which is good enough for Barca, as I see it).

Unless Denis (or Halilovic) suddenly becomes worldclass, they can be backup, because a Iniesta-rotationplayer/replacement is more pressing with every passing day.

serghei

Thiago is just not good enough. Nice style, little substance. We don't want that. Isco is better than him and Isco doesn't even make the first eleven at Madrid. We need someone better than that or else we might as well stick to what we have and try to make them play as well as possible.

Coutinho is good though. Would be a nice buy, but not exactly a great fit. I don't think I've seen him play great in a midfield 3.

Last edited:

PhilS

The answer for Barca will mesh well with Messi. Messi will be the primary midfield playmaker. The answer will play in the offensive right corner when Messi is further back. Also, major defensive responsibilities, again to cover for Messi. Must be a shooter, there will be lots of open shots to convert. Very unusual job description, very high energy required. How about Willian?

I dont think we will buy anyone. There is a reason why we brought back Denis and also add Andre Gomes. We will 100% give them one more year to prove they are capable of playing for Barca. Only players better for our CM spot are Coutinho and Verrati but wont come surely next year. So buying other prospects like for example Dahoud is worthless, because he is not any better then Andre or Denis.
What we should do is to change the system. As we saw in some last matches Denis has got connection with Messi and he is complement with messi, because he can also play RW everytime Messi decides to move in the center. On the other side we should try with Andre- he still has lot thing to improve, but he has all needed skills to be some kind of mixture LCM and box to box player. I also believe he has good connection with Neymar, what is really important.

So IMO, we should play the toughest matches with Iniesta, but slowly trying to integrate new system with Denis and Andre in other matches. If it doesnt work, than we should spent some big money for CM in summmer 2018.

Also what Im thinking lately- We bought Arda for about 40mil and Paco for 30. With this 70mil we could get Reus, who can any of position upfront and also CM in some matches against weaker opponents.

Home of Barca Fans