Replace ter Stegen next season?

Replace ter Stegen next season?

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
images

Whatever your preference, we can't do anything before next season as :jasper: isn't exactly a world beater himself.
So, the question is, do we replace the German next season?

Zebulun

images

Whatever your preference, we can't do anything before next season as :jasper: isn't exactly a world beater himself.
So, the question is, do we replace the German next season?

nah, think we should give him some time to grow just as we did with VV. better yet, we could bring back VV, have you seen him this season, still in super form.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Unless he makes a complete turnaround then I think the club should make a decision on this.

Because either ter Stegen has regressed so much that it is painful to watch him or he cannot cope with the pressure of being the GK of a club of the stature of Barcelona.

I've always wanted him to succeed and he did very well in his first season and was decent in his second season although you could see some issues creeping in and this season it has just gone downhill.

He isn't the reason we're doing badly or losing because....look at the tactical shit the team is in. Even MSN aren't able to link-up anymore, but he just is not making the saves you expect a top goalkeeper to make either and on top of that is making some pretty bad positioning errors along with not reacting to shots, even at his near post.

And I wouldn't sign Donnarumma either. If we sign a new goalkeeper we either sign De Gea or Courtois who got the quality and mentality to endure the pressure in a top team.

F

FlaFCB

I think the options are reversed... Shouldn't it be "Yes, he has to go"? The question isn't if he has to be replaced?

I'm more worried about replacing the coach first. There are bigger problems.

Vilarrubi

I think that instinct to go for the ball whatever the situation isn't there with him, he freezes all the time. He had a couple of times like that in the treble season, but we CONTROLLED games and he didn't get tested as much.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
No need to rush I guess. Depending on the availability of a good replacement, after having taken care of other pressing needs like establishing a starting mid field trio that can perform on a regular basis, a RB successor of Alves and also replacing Paco with a competent forward

If he keeps this way for the whole season, we have to sell. But it's so hard to find a good GK. Lloris maybe ? Good feet and snatchable, but at a high price.

Donarumma obviously full of promise but so young.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he keeps this way for the whole season, we have to sell. But it's so hard to find a good GK. Lloris maybe ? Good feet and snatchable, but at a high price.

Donarumma obviously full of promise but so young.

Lloris has a contract until 2022 and then we would have to deal with Levy :lol:

Courtois and DDG both have contracts ending in 2019, although the latter have an optional year too apparently. The former said he didn't want to stay at Chelsea forever, the latter only a couple of years ago almost forced his way out.

hulinat

hes not going anywhere and its retarded to spend anything over 50M on a goalkeeper especially since that is pretty much our entire transfer budget nowadays.

Home of Barca Fans