User Tag List

View Poll Results: Replace ter Stegen next season?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - Iceman has to stay!

    26 78.79%
  • Yes - We don't need a Frozen character.

    7 21.21%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Replace ter Stegen next season?

  1. #16
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,039
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Maybe?
    First address more pressing needs

  2. #17
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    25,898
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right. We do need to press more.

  3. #18
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,039
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You talking to Leo?

  4. #19
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    25,898
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lion doesn't hustle. Lionesses do the job and lion just comes to feast.
    Don't you watch National Geographic?


  5. #20
    You're welcome
    Origami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,617
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too early to make the call. Priority is to fix the system so keeper gets tested as little as possible anyhow.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,357
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has a freezing issue but most of those shots should never be taken in the first place. Our defense gets cut to shreds because our midfield is too busy dry humping the touchline and MSN doesn't do much defending themselves.

    Put him in a team that's performing in a way that makes it possible for us to really judge him and then we'll see how badly his performances hurt us.

  7. #22
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,763
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
    hes not going anywhere and its retarded to spend anything over 50M on a goalkeeper especially since that is pretty much our entire transfer budget nowadays.
    Its retarded to spend €100 mill on players who can't make it to the first 11 like Paco, Gomes and Arda, not buying a proven world class GK like De Gea or Curtois to replace a mediocre one.

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Joppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,161
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FC B View Post
    Its retarded to spend €100 mill on players who can't make it to the first 11 like Paco, Gomes and Arda, not buying a proven world class GK like De Gea or Curtois to replace a mediocre one.
    has anyone ever spent that much money on a goalkeeper? no. why? cause it makes no fucking sense

  9. #24
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,763
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Juve spent €53 million for Buffon, why? Cause it worth it.

    I'm not saying we should break transfer records but a top class GK must be brought because we are Barca and we have none of these.

  10. #25
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,104
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    Too early to make the call. Priority is to fix the system so keeper gets tested as little as possible anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    He has a freezing issue but most of those shots should never be taken in the first place. Our defense gets cut to shreds because our midfield is too busy dry humping the touchline and MSN doesn't do much defending themselves.

    Put him in a team that's performing in a way that makes it possible for us to really judge him and then we'll see how badly his performances hurt us.
    I get your point, but a GKs job is ultimately to make saves to help the team, regardless of whether they are conceding many shots or few. Sure we need to concede fewer clear cut chances, but ter Stegen's job is still to make those 1v1 saves or at least not freeze.

    Man Utd were shit for two-three seasons, but de Gea still came up strong. Chelsea were shit last season and while Courtois wasn't at his spectacular himself, partly because it seems like he just doesn't want to be there, he still made important, World Class saves.

    Valdes is making some incredible reaction saves for Middlesbrough. Kameni is beasting up from time to time for Malaga(he's quite inconsistent though). Sergio Rico is making some good saves for Sevilla.

    And it goes on. Marc-Andre ter Stegen is being consistently underwhelming.

    We're not losing because of ter Stegen, but he's not helping us out like a World Class or a very good GK should do either. And this season his place is secured too, his competition is not tough. If he's under so much pressure or so low in confidence after some games then he doesn't have the mentality to play for a club of this stature.

    I'm still waiting to see if he can turn it around though. I hope he does, because I just can't believe how much he has regressed in two seasons.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Joppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,161
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FC B View Post
    Yes, Juve spent €53 million for Buffon, why? Cause it worth it.

    I'm not saying we should break transfer records but a top class GK must be brought because we are Barca and we have none of these.
    there are plenty of top class goalkeepers available for less than 10M. no need to splash entire transfer budget on a "young" keeper when there are better alternatives.

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,357
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    I get your point, but a GKs job is ultimately to make saves to help the team, regardless of whether they are conceding many shots or few. Sure we need to concede fewer clear cut chances, but ter Stegen's job is still to make those 1v1 saves or at least not freeze.

    Man Utd were shit for two-three seasons, but de Gea still came up strong. Chelsea were shit last season and while Courtois wasn't at his spectacular himself, partly because it seems like he just doesn't want to be there, he still made important, World Class saves.

    Valdes is making some incredible reaction saves for Middlesbrough. Kameni is beasting up from time to time for Malaga(he's quite inconsistent though). Sergio Rico is making some good saves for Sevilla.

    And it goes on. Marc-Andre ter Stegen is being consistently underwhelming.

    We're not losing because of ter Stegen, but he's not helping us out like a World Class or a very good GK should do either. And this season his place is secured too, his competition is not tough. If he's under so much pressure or so low in confidence after some games then he doesn't have the mentality to play for a club of this stature.

    I'm still waiting to see if he can turn it around though. I hope he does, because I just can't believe how much he has regressed in two seasons.
    But even signing Buffon wouldn't solve any of our problems, we'd still be in a terrible position, we'd just have one less scapegoat. In comparison to the rest of our squad Mats is fine. Our 4th forward doesn't have a single goal and is less reliable than the one we loaned out, our midfield is an absolute shambles and our coach doesn't have any tactical nous whatsoever. Not to mention we don't have a RB and, if we're being completely honest with ourselves, our only WC CB is Pique.

    Now maybe if we can get to the point where we can say our poor form or at least even a small part of it is because our keeper isn't having performances you'd hope for, replacing him should be something to look into. But before we look into replacing a keeper who isn't pulling any world class saves out of his ass, let's address why we need that from him in every single game. Valdes and Bravo would go long stretches of games where they could set up a chair and watch, we need to get back to those days.

  13. #28
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,763
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
    there are plenty of top class goalkeepers available for less than 10M. no need to splash entire transfer budget on a "young" keeper when there are better alternatives.
    There aren't many at all. Top class GKs are rare, the likes of Neuer, De Gea, Curtois. There are plenty of good keepers though.

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Joppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,161
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FC B View Post
    There aren't many at all. Top class GKs are rare, the likes of Neuer, De Gea, Curtois. There are plenty of good keepers though.
    there are other top class goalkeepers aswell, they just dont play for top clubs like Neuer, courtois etc. Bravo was considered one of the best in the world during his time with us and he only cost 10m.