Lliga | Round 17: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 1-1

F

FlaFCB

38249363.png
-
20462440.png

La Liga | Match day 17
08/01/2017 | 20:45 CET

Very difficult away game. Villarreal only lost at home once, to Alaves. They're also 4th in the standings. Form in la lliga is WWDLL.

A result other than a win will be really trouble. rm faces granada at home, so it's a sure win for them.

It seems El Madrigal will have a new name, to be announced before the game.

38817490.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rotations are a must.
Denis, Mascherano are bound to start at Madrigal. Wouldn't mind Digne either.

Raketa10

Rotations are a must.
Denis, Mascherano are bound to start at Madrigal. Wouldn't mind Digne either.

Agree with you, rotations are definitely needed, but I wouldn't rotate more than 3 players. It's time for smart rotating not like before when Lucho changed 7 or 8 players.

André

The only rotations will be Masche in for Umtiti (although he was great yesterday but Masche will start this time) and Gomes (or denis) instead of Rakitic.

Altomonte

Villareal just lost 3:1 to Real Sociedad. We should be able to beat them if Neymar plays like yesterday, Messi like last 35 minutes, and the rest fully focused and willing to fight, from the beginning.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
One of the away fixtures I hate every season as it is tough to get a result there.

F

FlaFCB

Villareal just lost 3:1 to Real Sociedad. We should be able to beat them if Neymar plays like yesterday, Messi like last 35 minutes, and the rest fully focused and willing to fight, from the beginning.

They lost at anoeta, and Sociedad is also playing very well. At el madrigal, they're a different team. The score there last season was 2-2.

hulinat

we just lost 2-1 to athletic mate. Villarreal beat Atletico 3-0 couple weeks ago

LeeRomeno

They havent really been that impressive this season, but definitely a tough fixture. I expect probably same starting lineup, maybe Masch/Denis/Gomez have a chance to start instead of Umtiti/Raki

mateopol

I think there will be 3 changes - Mascherano in for Umtiti, Digne in for Alba and Denis Suarez in for Rakitic. The rest will be the same team as in Athletic game.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Has been ages when I haven't expected a win for us. But surely it is this time considerign our form and everything.

Home of Barca Fans