Lliga | Round 17: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 1-1

Devils

He is not resting him, it's obvious there are some problems between Rakitic and Enrique. This is THIRD game in a row he is not playing in La Liga.

lol he just played 3 days ago.

It's not like Lucho would have a problem with him in La Liga and not in the Copa.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rumors that Alba is benched. Mascherano in for Umtiti and Gomes in for Rakitic.

F

FlaFCB

C1q0tvEWEAAS4ZN.jpg:large

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gomes over Suarez. Not enough that there's no chance of promoting anyone we need to overlook first team home players too!

mateopol

I almost predicted the squad right, I thought Denis Suarez will start instead of Gomes, but I got Digne and Mascherano right.

F

FlaFCB

I'm not really looking forward to this match. Likely to be another horror show, with no midfield play and a lot of long balls.

serghei

Why bench Alba in a game like this? Idiotic. As for Gomes vs. Suarez neither has shown much so far.

PhilS

Rotation is required this month, with 8 games in 4 weeks. Today is minimal rotation.

In midfield, Lucho picks his squad almost randomly for the two more offensive spots. Rak, Iniesta, Gomes, Denis and Rafinha all get dropped, Rafinha gets the least playing time by far. Arda is a forward now, always on the bench, little playing time as MSN get overplayed as in prior years. Busquets gets overplayed for some reason, seems strange for maybe the deepest position on the team.

Seems to me that Denis has earned either starting on coming on as sub every game, but Lucho disagrees. I think subbing too little and too late is a bigger problem for Lucho than who he picks for the 18.

El Flaco

Hopefully, I don't really want to see Manuel Trigueros have a field day against us today.

He's been one of La Ligas best player this season, although he's underrated among the masses who don't really follow Villarreal.

Home of Barca Fans