Chinese Super League

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Seriously, Oscar going there was one thing, but Witsel rejecting Juventus for China?!

And now Auba has a 150m offer from there, 48m per season.

Tevez is 32, played enough in Europe and can look forward to a good pay for his twilight years. But these guys going in their prime years?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, checked attendances there and it's not something to write home about. So it's not the atmosphere either.

China is serious about their league and NT though and want to become superpower in football so prepare yourself for more of this.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Witsel went to Zenit for the money.

I don't see why this is a surprise then?

His dad and agent alone got 15m for this transfer.

Last edited:

vlad

i did not meet a person who watched 1 football match from Chinese legaue, dont really know nothing about football in china, but this money spending on lavezzi, tevez... crazy

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
i did not meet a person who watched 1 football match from Chinese legaue, dont really know nothing about football in china, but this money spending on lavezzi, tevez... crazy

They are thinking long-term. Obviously they are overpaying and they know it. But once they reach a critical mass of big names in their league it'll be easier to get others.

In 15-20 years their heavy youth investment will start giving dividends too and they'll be in top 5 leagues in the world imo.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah, it'll take a while but it'll be good.

It's annoying but at the same time it's the only way for them to do it.

F

FlaFCB

They're spending too much money, though. That bubble might burst eventually.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is a bubble that will burst eventually.

The problem is, they are not spending money on where it should be spent, such as youth programs etc. Bringing all of these foreign players, many of who are overhyped and wayyyyyyyy overpaid will do NOTHING to improve Chinese football in general and our NT. Nothing.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Mikel joins the crew, he signed for China today.

I guess for him it's not too bad a move, 29 and having won everything at club level with Chelsea, is pretty happy to get a £140k a week salary in China.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
MLS won't attract players nearing retirement now China are investing a lot in the game.

Home of Barca Fans