User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Chinese Super League

  1. #16
    Blue Blooded Aussie
    antonnn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,006
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye I was just about to post about that.

    Good.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Yannik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    4,130
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    how much was it before that?

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Yannik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    4,130
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    how much was it before that?

    @Luftstalag14
    Your take on this? Seems like China wants to use those ressources to get local talent on track.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannik View Post
    Seems like China wants to use those ressources to get local talent on track.
    What I have heard about it (quote of myself from an earlier chinese-thread):

    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    I’m not an expert on Chinese football, but I have heard an analysis on a Danish football podcast, where they interviewed a Danish assistant in Shanghai SIPG (Mads Davidsen) who have been there for about 4 years. The analysis below is his and not mine, but it gives a little overview and insight in the system, where all the money comes from and how the future Chinese football looks like.

    First of all he said that the situation in China cannot be compared with the trend in European football, where some (extravagant) rich business men literally takes over the clubs and buy big players. The business men can lose interest when they realize that it is hard to generate revenue in football and quite easy to go into ‘endless’ debt and consequently pull out sooner or later. That is not the case in China.
    He said that Chinese clubs’ economies has been growing over at least the last 4 years, and that it is more like a slow progress than coming out of nowhere this particular window.

    The reason why more Chinese clubs are getting richer has to do with their quite state-centered society which spills over in football:
    The president in China has openly expressed that he is very fond of football, and that matters a great deal in the Chinese system. Good relations to the government is alpha and omega in China when you run a business. That is part of the reason why many large companies invest so much in football right now.
    The clubs are owned by very large private companies ex. Shanghai SIPG, where SIPG is a large shipping firm. Most of the firms has very large expenditures on their football clubs – and growing in form of higher transfer fees and wages. But the trick is – it doesn’t really matter in China because football is good for business in other areas: SIPG get economical support from the government BECAUSE they invest in football, and also benefit from other good conditions provided by the government. So in the long run the firms actually gain money by investing in football although they spend as much as they do right now.

    The change with this transfer window is maybe that the players considering a move (primarily south americans) knows that other (relatively) good players already plays there, and that the level of the league is rising. Last year they broke records for spectators, tv-audiences and also landed a TV-deal 30 times bigger than the last one.

    He revealed that Shanghai SIPG had been offered close-to-start-11 players from Manchester City and Bayern Munich in the winter transfer window – the big clubs know they have big money now.

    The president said a few years ago that China should hold the world cup (maybe 2026 or 2030) and later on win it!

    Because of that they are investing heavily in talent development. The plan is to build 20 000 football academies all around in China before 2017, and also make 20 000 new football pitches. On top of that football is obligatory after school 3 times a week! That means 2.5 million children playing football because the government says so. The Chinese clubs have their own academies - Guangzhou Evergrande F.C. just made the worlds biggest with 3000 children living there, playing 7 days a week. In that case 15 trainers from Real Madrid were hired to structure the training sessions all should go through.

    All this gives you an idea about the situation: the last window was a product of a long development, which will continue in the future. But world-class players are not willing to move there – if some eventually will do, it will be because of the money, which only will be growing in the coming years.

  5. #20
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,611
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These new rules kind of screws the splashing of the cash now

  6. #21
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol mandatory football.

  7. #22
    You're welcome
    Origami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,806
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The president sure does love his football.

  8. #23
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    12,309
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannik View Post
    how much was it before that?

    @Luftstalag14
    Your take on this? Seems like China wants to use those ressources to get local talent on track.
    I'd say it is a step in the right direction. First and foremost it shows they realized that bringing in those foreign players with big price tags will not help Chinese football elevate its level, developing and grooming domestic players is the way to go. No-brainer, right? Also it could be read as a sign that the Chinese FA and the authorities will be taking further measures to cool off the bubble. The effect remains to be seen.

    I agree with most of what @BarçaBarça wrote, quoting Davidsen. For some club owners, especially those who recently got into football it is said to be largely a political act to gain rapport with the government. I have heard a lot of people saying that, but personally I don't understand how they could risk losing hundreds and millions of yuan just to get cozy up to the government. Even though the current Chinese president reportedly likes football, I don't see how that has translated into local government rewarding those that invest in football, the idea is kind of crazy and far-fetched to me. The part that I disagree with is the part about "mandatory football", you know the three times a week stuff, I think that was made up.

    Personally I don't see Chinese football turning things around any time soon. Certainly not until they start investing in the youth. We have a lot to learn from Japan and South Korea in this regard.
    Sóc Culer.

  9. #24
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  10. #25
    FlaFCB
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post





  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Total-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rabat - Morocco
    Posts
    2,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol . nice little scenario there .. how do we know if the first tweet was not some kind of a rain check ?
    kilometers matter ..

  12. #27
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  13. #28
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    26,220
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    Good one. They are going to cut spending after all.