xXKonan

SANTIAGO BUENO

Cl9i2qSWQAAp5si.jpg

Name: Santiago Ignacio BUENO Sciutto
Born: November 9, 1998
Place of birth: Montevideo, Uruguay
Height: 1,89m (6'2)
Position: Centre-Back

According to Uruguayan Media (Re-posted by MD) Barcelona has been following the young CB and according to the report we will make an offer to Penarol for the player and it also states Robert gave the approval to do so.

From what I've read he's also good on the ball and Physically strong for his age.

khaled_a_d

Robert is on mission to sign young CBs from SA :robert:
Good news about the kid is that he has an Italian passport so won't count as Non-EU player.
Also his contract expires in January 2018 so if he gives his ok the deal will go through.
Not sure what we are gonna do with him though,is he going to be Barca B player? are we gonna get him in winter or summer?

xXKonan

Good news about the kid is that he has an Italian passport so won't count as Non-EU player.
Also his contract expires in January 2018 so if he gives his ok the deal will go through.
Not sure what we are gonna do with him though,is he going to be Barca B player? are we gonna get him in winter or summer?
Francesc Aguilar reported a couple of days ago their will be a meeting between the first team staff,Barto,B team staff, Robert and Soler to discuss the future of some players etc this month.

They mentioned that we might be getting the B team another CB considering Martinez is out for 2 Months and Tarin out until June and all we have left is Marlon,Lopez and Vilanova for CBs. I think this is where Bueno fits in. however I wouldn't be surprised if he's more than just your average CB signing strictly for the B team as in he's bought with a chance of being a real first team CB like Marlon down the line.

Last edited:

Messi983

We can question some of Robert's other signings (although I'm still prepared to give them more time before calling them flops like some people) but I really like all young talented CBs we are connected to after we've already got Umtiti and Marlon for cheap. There are probably more on Robert shortlist and I wouldn't be surprised if we end up signing someone we haven't heard off yet but I like his way of thinking.

I don't know much about Bueno and highlights videos are usually made the way players are looking good and I think he's only playing against U20 competition (which is understandable given his age) but he still seems promising and someone we could gamble on for small transfer fee. Especially if he's willing to play for Barça B which I think he could be as he still didn't have a debut for Penarol's senior team AFAIK and Segunda B (and hopefully Segunda A next season) are at higher level than Uruguayan U20 league.

Nice name! :lol:

Is he Bueno though?

If we sign this kid then we could have Santiago (Bueno and Gerard Pique) Bernabeu in our defense!

navidjaan

Yup, Robert's CB hunts have been good so far. Bear in mind he wanted Davinson Sanchez ahead of Marlon, and Sanchez is bossing hard in Ajax right now.

xXKonan

According to MD we made an offer for him but it wasn't enough.

and they mentioned Atletico Madrid and City and another La Liga team are interested in him. If I read the translation right I believe we will up or offer in order to beat off Atletico and the others for his signature.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
According to MD we made an offer for him but it wasn't enough.

and they mentioned Atletico Madrid and City and another La Liga team are interested in him. If I read the translation right I believe we will up or offer in order to beat off Atletico and the others for his signature.

So you're telling me the offer, as of now, was no Bueno?

xXKonan

He was being chased by some good teams like Atletico Madrid and City. Well I'm not really surprised in regards to Atletico as they have a thing for Uruguayan CB's (Godin and Giménez).

I hope he does well.

Home of Barca Fans