Santiago Bueno

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There's no guarantee Gerard even will be there next season. There's reports he might leave as his contract ends.

God Serena

His contract ends? As in... This month?

That raises some questions about what will happen promotion wise to Barca B and Juvenil A as well, then. Interesting.

xXKonan

I remember not to long ago reading a rumor if Barca B get promoted Gerard stays. B team has one more shot at promotion so who knows.

khaled_a_d

But Gerard literally went from starting Tarin in every single game Barca B played, to benching him most of the season when Marlon came despite Tarin being 2nd best CB by far (From what I could tell), and the reason given was because both were right footed.

Unless Gerard plans on using Bueno as LCB more often (Which I don't have faith in him doing tbh), I'd expect there to be some kind of conflict.

You are making a strong argument here and I am not saying it is gonna be the opposite.
But few things:
Tarin was starter for all except 4 games out of 13 in start of the season. that is very small sample size. It could just mean Gerard a big fan of Martinez at least early on last year. I doubt he will stay if we remain in 3rd division
Also the B team use a lot of rotation. very few players play almost every game so I would expect enough playing time for both

khaled_a_d

I remember not to long ago reading a rumor if Barca B get promoted Gerard stays. B team has one more shot at promotion so who knows.

Is that rumor based on club or coach perspective?
If it is from the club then I think he already earned a renewal offer. He took a team that is total mess to become 1st in their group. Play-off is always a crap shot. Also he seem very popular guy in the club and media
If it is from coach then I can get it,he might prefer a shot in segunda or Liga now.

Messi983

Great to hear Bueno is doing well for his NT. When will Uruguay play their next game? I'll try to watch it.

navidjaan

It's been a long time since Barça youngsters have done well at the U20 World Cup. Last time it was Deulofeu. Now Lee, Santiago and Take (hopefully he returns). Especially Santiago, who looks like a true gem.

Xavinho

Even though Uruguay were knocked out in the semifinal of the U-20 WC by Venezuela on penalties, our boy Bueno seems to have had a very impressive tournament. I'm looking forward to seeing him play for Barca B.

Jallo

Even though Uruguay were knocked out in the semifinal of the U-20 WC by Venezuela on penalties, our boy Bueno seems to have had a very impressive tournament. I'm looking forward to seeing him play for Barca B.

He has great footwork and awareness for a such a young defender.

El Barcelona

He looks very good in that compilation. He's got everything to make it here if we handle him with care. Really looking forward to the new season, hope he gets enough playtime at Barca B so we can judge him better when he's playing against more mature players.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

Looks like a wall in that vid. Also he seems to have quite a physical presence despite his lean frame.

xXKonan

He's got height as well (6'2).

He seems to have all the right tools to be a promising CB. can't wait to see his evolution.

Home of Barca Fans