Santiago Bueno

Messi983

Apparently they still haven't decided if he'll stay at Barça B or be loaned back to Penarol until end of the season.

Transfer fee could be up to close to 5M if all clauses are meet.

[tw]826143164809506817[/tw]

xXKonan

[tw]826222262256807936[/tw]

Marlon,Bueno,Umtiti and Possibly even Yerry Mina? at least something exciting to look forward to in the future CB wise.

xXKonan

If Uruguay makes it to the Campeonato Sudamericano finals he won't be able to play for the B team until after February 11.

I assume though he will remain at Peñarol until the summer, as he will likely replace Marlon who will be promoted to the first team.

Last edited:

Messi983

I'm wondering if Robert sees him as a potential longterm replacement for Pique. It seems he's a similar type of CB to Pique and they probably won't be the best fit to play together. Maybe he'll surprise and develop quickly but at 18 he's probably 2-3 seasons away from having a place in our first team. While I think Pique with his playing style can play at top level until 34-35 if he stays healthy it's probably time to start looking and trying out his potential replacements in the future.

So that probably means even if Marlon is promoted (and he could get loaned out) we could still go for someone like Yerry Mina, Davinson Sanchez or Lemos in summer, because we'll most likely need 2 new CBs over the next season and half with Mathieu and also Masche possibly leaving. Although I'm not sure if they (Mina, Sanchez, Lemos) really are as much more developed and experienced at higher level than Marlon that would negate their adaptation period in comparision to Marlon who has already trained and also played some games for Barça.

Last edited:

Messi983

[tw]826386839191900161[/tw]

[tw]826387176996868096[/tw]

They say those clauses could go up to 5M€, so a similar deal to Marlon's.

Also, he'll join Barça B after South American U20 Championship will end on February 11.

Home of Barca Fans