Things you hate in modern football.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Modern day football has lost some flair. Players do not express themselves very much and if they do, it is not appreciated very much.

JerseyAddict

Tickets prices skyrocketing
Jerseys/fans-accessories prices skyrocketing
Players salaries skyrocketing

Tweeter and instagram posts from WAGS/agents that "break the internet"
Making a problem from every single sentence some player says

Me getting old and crying about players from early 90s beeing better than this new Memphises and co.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I miss the times of Frank and Laporta when so much more about us looked genuine and pure.
See, people were falling in love with Barca even if we didn't win trophies. Ronaldinho was genuine personification of joy in football unlike some contemporary posers.

defyqa

Agree. We are no longer més que un club. Just a club like all the others. Destruction of identity accomplished.

And I also hate individual awards. I couldn't give two fucks who wins. Many people acting like it's the most important thing in football who wins the Balon for example.

LeeRomeno

I miss the times of Frank and Laporta when so much more about us looked genuine and pure.
See, people were falling in love with Barca even if we didn't win trophies. Ronaldinho was genuine personification of joy in football unlike some contemporary posers.

That i can definitely agree with. Both club and fans have become obsessed with trophies.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I bet some of our fans never supported us between 99-03 where we had a drought of winning nothing.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

I believe there is a word "gloryhunters", which describes a group of people like that best.

Today I have to explain myself how long I support Barça because if I say "I am Barça fan" people instantly mark me as gloryhunter. Then when the conversation continues to Germany and England and I mention Arsenal and Dortmund people say "oh, those loosers" cause here mass of fans are Bayern fans.

LeeRomeno

Today I have to explain myself how long I support Barça because if I say "I am Barça fan" people instantly mark me as gloryhunter. Then when the conversation continues to Germany and England and I mention Arsenal and Dortmund people say "oh, those loosers" cause here mass of fans are Bayern fans.

Indeed, which is why i have stated quite a few times, that this success has also negative side, fans only care about number of trophies, alot of hate towards the club, which was not present there. I remember speaking about Barcelona in early 00s and when Ronaldinho joined the club with my friends and everyone was like, wow cool, ive never met a barca fan before. Now, majority of fans are underage immature and being a fan of the club is a negative thing among majority of football fans here. Close to levels of being ManU fan 10 years ago. Barcelona has become one of the most hated clubs and it sucks being in same boat as PSG, ManCity, Chelsea and other clubs.

Home of Barca Fans