Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things you hate in modern football.

Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Modern day football has lost some flair. Players do not express themselves very much and if they do, it is not appreciated very much.
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

Money, media, social network

Banned

Everything about it but most games and most people employed in the sporting side of things.

Tickets prices skyrocketing
    Jerseys/fans-accessories prices skyrocketing
    Players salaries skyrocketing

Tweeter and instagram posts from WAGS/agents that "break the internet"
    Making a problem from every single sentence some player says

Me getting old and crying about players from early 90s beeing better than this new Memphises and co.

Real Madrid

FlaFCB
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    Tickets prices skyrocketing
    Jerseys/fans-accessories prices skyrocketing
    Good call, I hate those too.

Some Modern fans only appreciating Stats & highlights VS actual watching of games.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    I miss the times of Frank and Laporta when so much more about us looked genuine and pure.
    See, people were falling in love with Barca even if we didn't win trophies. Ronaldinho was genuine personification of joy in football unlike some contemporary posers.

New signing

Agree. We are no longer més que un club. Just a club like all the others. Destruction of identity accomplished.

And I also hate individual awards. I couldn't give two fucks who wins. Many people acting like it's the most important thing in football who wins the Balon for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    I miss the times of Frank and Laporta when so much more about us looked genuine and pure.
    See, people were falling in love with Barca even if we didn't win trophies. Ronaldinho was genuine personification of joy in football unlike some contemporary posers.
    That i can definitely agree with. Both club and fans have become obsessed with trophies.

Prediction champion 2012-2013
    I bet some of our fans never supported us between 99-03 where we had a drought of winning nothing.
    Last edited by Dan1983; 10th January 2017 at 08:53 AM.
    ^•..._.....•^•....._...•^
    .___).══╬═.││││││.(
    ____/___║__││││││._\
    .___┐_____F.C.B____.┌
    ____▀▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▀
    _____▓▓▒▒(@)▒▒▓▓
    ______.▀▒▒▓▓▒▒▀

Quote Originally Posted by Dan1983 View Post
    I bet some of our fans never supported us between 99-03 where we had a drought of winning nothing.
    I believe there is a word "gloryhunters", which describes a group of people like that best.

Heck, casting aside glory hole aficionados, some of the fans weren't even born back then

Quote Originally Posted by LeeRomeno View Post
    I believe there is a word "gloryhunters", which describes a group of people like that best.
    Today I have to explain myself how long I support Barça because if I say "I am Barça fan" people instantly mark me as gloryhunter. Then when the conversation continues to Germany and England and I mention Arsenal and Dortmund people say "oh, those loosers" cause here mass of fans are Bayern fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    Today I have to explain myself how long I support Barça because if I say "I am Barça fan" people instantly mark me as gloryhunter. Then when the conversation continues to Germany and England and I mention Arsenal and Dortmund people say "oh, those loosers" cause here mass of fans are Bayern fans.
    Indeed, which is why i have stated quite a few times, that this success has also negative side, fans only care about number of trophies, alot of hate towards the club, which was not present there. I remember speaking about Barcelona in early 00s and when Ronaldinho joined the club with my friends and everyone was like, wow cool, ive never met a barca fan before. Now, majority of fans are underage immature and being a fan of the club is a negative thing among majority of football fans here. Close to levels of being ManU fan 10 years ago. Barcelona has become one of the most hated clubs and it sucks being in same boat as PSG, ManCity, Chelsea and other clubs.