Thread: scar Garca Junyent

scar Garca Junyent

Former Bara player, currently coach.

History:

2009–2010: Catalonia (Cruyff's assistant)
    2010–2012: La Masia (Juvenil A)
    2012–2013: Maccabi Tel Aviv
    2013–2014: Brighton & Hove Albion
    2014: Maccabi Tel Aviv
    2014: Watford
    2015–: Red Bull Salzburg

Juande Ramos' contract at Malaga has been terminated and scar Garca is, according to MARCA and local Malaga radio, the #1 option for the job now is scar. Huge potential as a coach, with success spells at all the places he has coached. Should've been Luis Enrique's replacement at Bara B after winning The Treble with Juvenil A in his first season in 2010-11, but Zubi chose Eusebio and scar left Bara for Maccabi Tel Aviv where he was hired by their director of sports Jordi Cruyff (he has good Cruyff family relations).

One can't help but wonder if Malaga would be a step towards becoming first team coach at Bara. We'll see what happens. In any case, it would be great with another former Bara youth player and coach in La Liga after Eusebio's recent success at Sociedad. Would also mean a solid place for Bara to loan out players if they continue that policy.

More:
    - https://siemprecastro.wordpress.com/...-a-philosophy/
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bSEJaNPkVU
    - http://www.redbullsalzburg.at/en/fc-...-real-man.html

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    GL to him.

I remember him as a player coming up in late 90s and his brother Roger.
    Also watched his Salzburg play few times as my Dinamo played them in CL qualifiers twice and was impressed with the way his team played.

They won't let him go it seems.
    Btw how is his health right now? I remember he had some health issues (cardiac I think) couple of years ago

President of FC Barcelona
    He's fine. Shouldn't hinder his career in any way.

Stle Solbakken suffered a cardiac arrest when he was a footballer and was 'dead' for 7 minutes. Had to operate in a pacemaker and retired instantly, but has then gone on to become a coach and the guy is incredibly passionate and vocal on the sidelines.

Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    They won't let him go it seems.
    Well, not for now, but in the summer, I think they will. He'll join any La Liga team sooner or later. Malaga's assistant is taking over for now, but probably not long-term wise.