Copa | Round of 16: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 2-1

BarçaBarça

With our squad, and Messi, cdr only is very little. I really think management should focus on the CL, and to try to keep up in la liga, and forget about trebles. Cdr is a distraction.

Yes, we should focus on the league and CL and therefore no-one should play in CdR who could get tired from it in the league.

Many have a tendency to look at the number of players in the squad and number of players on each position and assume that Suarez/Neymar/Messi/Iniesta etc. always are the same. But more matches clearly makes players more tired and therefore perform less at peak-level. Our squad-depth is all right, but only if we remember to rest our best players, else it is of no use. And if we miss the Copa this year no harm is done, it could even serve as a way to give the youth some playing time (Marlon, Palencia etc.), which would be worth something in itself, for me at least.

F

FlaFCB

C08M7P5WgAEt3Oi.jpg:large

Players are back in training. Pique included. MSN and Masch will be back on Monday.

Alik

This season the squad hasn't shown signs of fatigue. Having more depth in the squad, together with the rotations that Lucho did in the first half of the season are some of the reasons for it. Messi and Iniesta have played less minutes due to injuries too.

With some wise rotations I don't see why we can't aim to go as far as possible in all competitions.

Play Umtiti, Rafinha, Arda, Digne and Gomes more often, along with out regulars.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Match is in 3 days and since MSN is not back yet from South America, I suppose there's no chance for them to play.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Match is in 3 days and since MSN is not back yet from South America, I suppose there's no chance for them to play.

They're taking part in the training session that started half an hour ago.

Home of Barca Fans