Copa | Round of 16: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 2-1

JerseyAddict

That was at the start of the season when we played 120 minutes against Sevilla a few days before. It will be different this time. But of course we shouldn't underestimate them.

But now we have Villareal away 3 days after. That is much more important match. And I am affraid in what form will players return from hollidays. Lucho will do his usual "rotation-shit" and combined with Villareal is more important game mentality because Copa has return match... I fear of another fail.
To be fair better to fail in Copa than against Villareal.

Vilarrubi

But now we have Villareal away 3 days after. That is much more important match. And I am affraid in what form will players return from hollidays. Lucho will do his usual "rotation-shit" and combined with Villareal is more important game mentality because Copa has return match... I fear of another fail.
To be fair better to fail in Copa than against Villareal.

Hopefully Enrique will have learnt his lesson from the New Years game in 2015 against Sociedad, rested players and lost... I don't understand why some players are given more time off than others, as a squad you should have the same holidays and be treated equally.. it never works out well anyway as we saw that year. Also I know it's a Copa game first but i'd still like to see our first team for both that and the Villarreal game, but knowing Enrique we will have major rotations.

serghei

It's about time we stop with heavy rotations. Both the Bilbao and the Villareal games are important. We should field a strong team on San Mames, we can't risk being embarassed twice.

Neeraj

Yeah, I don't care much about the Copa this year either. I would gladly use those matches to give some of our scrub signings some playtime, so we know whether they have any hope of making it into the squad or not.

F

FlaFCB

Agreed but I'd rather end up the season with CdR rather than no trophy..

With our squad, and Messi, cdr only is very little. I really think management should focus on the CL, and to try to keep up in la liga, and forget about trebles. Cdr is a distraction.

FC B

With our squad, and Messi, cdr only is very little. I really think management should focus on the CL, and to try to keep up in la liga, and forget about trebles. Cdr is a distraction.

That's the wise thing to do but not from this management, no!

Nucky

I heard some key players will return from holidays early to play vs Athletic. If this is true we might come from Bilbao with decent result. Draw would also be good. Bilbao aren't naive team, ain't gonna be easy.

JerseyAddict

I have seen on TV that RM is in full squad for training? Then Barça should also assemble asap. We have to catch them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have seen on TV that RM is in full squad for training? Then Barça should also assemble asap. We have to catch them.

If I am not mistaken, many, if not most La Liga teams have already started training. We are the latest one to start training, ahead of two important and tough away games. :rolleyes:

Alik

Avengers-Carousel-Image.png

Home of Barca Fans