Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Copa | Round of 16: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    That was at the start of the season when we played 120 minutes against Sevilla a few days before. It will be different this time. But of course we shouldn't underestimate them.
    But now we have Villareal away 3 days after. That is much more important match. And I am affraid in what form will players return from hollidays. Lucho will do his usual "rotation-shit" and combined with Villareal is more important game mentality because Copa has return match... I fear of another fail.
    To be fair better to fail in Copa than against Villareal.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    But now we have Villareal away 3 days after. That is much more important match. And I am affraid in what form will players return from hollidays. Lucho will do his usual "rotation-shit" and combined with Villareal is more important game mentality because Copa has return match... I fear of another fail.
    To be fair better to fail in Copa than against Villareal.
    Hopefully Enrique will have learnt his lesson from the New Years game in 2015 against Sociedad, rested players and lost... I don't understand why some players are given more time off than others, as a squad you should have the same holidays and be treated equally.. it never works out well anyway as we saw that year. Also I know it's a Copa game first but i'd still like to see our first team for both that and the Villarreal game, but knowing Enrique we will have major rotations.

It's about time we stop with heavy rotations. Both the Bilbao and the Villareal games are important. We should field a strong team on San Mames, we can't risk being embarassed twice.

Barto and co OUT
    Cdr is not that important. Not this season.

Theoretically yes but who guarantees they'll get either CL or La Liga if not both ?

Barto and co OUT
    Quote Originally Posted by FC B View Post
    Theoretically yes but who guarantees they'll get either CL or La Liga if not both ?
    Less matches to play would be a good help in having a real shot.

Yeah, I don't care much about the Copa this year either. I would gladly use those matches to give some of our scrub signings some playtime, so we know whether they have any hope of making it into the squad or not.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

Quote Originally Posted by FlaFCB View Post
    Less matches to play would be a good help in having a real shot.
    Agreed but I'd rather end up the season with CdR rather than no trophy..

Barto and co OUT
    Quote Originally Posted by FC B View Post
    Agreed but I'd rather end up the season with CdR rather than no trophy..
    With our squad, and Messi, cdr only is very little. I really think management should focus on the CL, and to try to keep up in la liga, and forget about trebles. Cdr is a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaFCB View Post
    With our squad, and Messi, cdr only is very little. I really think management should focus on the CL, and to try to keep up in la liga, and forget about trebles. Cdr is a distraction.
    That's the wise thing to do but not from this management, no!

I heard some key players will return from holidays early to play vs Athletic. If this is true we might come from Bilbao with decent result. Draw would also be good. Bilbao aren't naive team, ain't gonna be easy.

MES QUE UN CLUB

I have seen on TV that RM is in full squad for training? Then Barça should also assemble asap. We have to catch them.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    I have seen on TV that RM is in full squad for training? Then Barça should also assemble asap. We have to catch them.
    If I am not mistaken, many, if not most La Liga teams have already started training. We are the latest one to start training, ahead of two important and tough away games.
    Sóc Culer.

New signing

I'd be happy with a 1-1 draw and no injuries.