Cdr | Round of 32: FC Barcelona - Hercules 7-0 (8-1 agg.)

F

FlaFCB

20462440.png
-
2767753.png

21/12/2016 | 22:00 CET
Referee: José Luis Munuera Montero

C0HkER5W8AAJMvO.jpg:large

Barça have trained on Tuesday in their final session prior to the last game of 2016. The blaugranas worked out at the Ciutat Esportiva for the last time before the Christmas holidays ahead of the return leg of the Copa del Rey against Hércules on Wednesday in which Barça hope to qualify for the last 16.

All of the available first team players took part in the training session other than Messi, Suárez, Neymar Jr and Piqué,who were given permission to start their holidays after the Barcelona derby. Luis Enrique also brought in six players from the U19A team: Marc Cucurella, Carles Pérez, Àlex Collado, Jordi Tur, Oriol Busquets and Oriol Rey.

Following training, Barça will play Hércules on Wednesday at 10pm CET in the final game of the year. Following this match the squad will enjoy a well-earned break before they get back to work on the 30 of December in order to start preparing for the first game of the new year.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rafinha-Paco-Turan upfront.

I suspect we'll see a strong 11 overall with all wondering if Rakitic will play this time or not.

gregorrin10

Yeah, it'll be really interesting to see if Rakitič plays. If not, the transfer speculation will go through the roof...i hear Mourinho wants him pretty bad. Anyways, i don't see him leaving before the summer for sure, but after then...who knows? Gotta consider he's gonna be 29 soon as well, i think if the club is serious about giving Gomes a real chance, selling Rakitič might just happen in the summer, if this goes on. There's no denying he's just not suited to be your typical Barca CM, although i would like to see him getting a fair chance at Iniesta's position, feel like bringing a midfield maestro such as...i don't know let's for the sake of argument just say my favourite , although a highly unlikely choice like Verratti, who would be perfect for that RCM position, because he's like a hybrid between CMF and DMF...and that could really liberate Rakitič and he could be given a fair chance at LCM. I see him play for Croatia as AMF and he's such a threat everytime he plays, while in Barca all he must do, is cover for Messi and Roberto. We need control and calmness at RCM, and Rakitič is more of a threat as a direct midfielder, who surges forward regularly and hits a screamer every once in a while.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thing is, who do you buy if Rakitic goes?
Hardly any quality midfielder available and when that happens (Gundogan) we have to fight with pep and his unlimited budget and godknows who else. Market is just bad.

We really need to focus back on La Masia. Times of getting who you want finished 5 years ago.

gregorrin10

Thing is, who do you buy if Rakitic goes?
Hardly any quality midfielder available and when that happens (Gundogan) we have to fight with pep and his unlimited budget and godknows who else. Market is just bad.

We really need to focus back on La Masia. Times of getting who you want finished 5 years ago.

The only two players who could make me be okay with Rakitič leaving right now, are Thiago and Verratti. :worthy:

Back to reality; i agree focusing on La Masia again, we've always been known to produce such quality midfielders (and still do!), but if we're ever gonna even start getting there, Lucho must go first. Total neanthertal when it comes to developing home-grown players.

Last edited:

Nucky

Veratti has also offers from Inter and Juventus and as I heard he has no plan playing for Barca. Isco is also impossible unless Real sells him to another club and we buy him from this x club. Wich would still take time for him to come. Coutinho on the other hand is quite realistic option. The price will be sky high since there is no buy-out clause in his contract. 70M+

For tonights game I expect the following line up: Cillessen,Digne,Masch,Umtiti,Vidal,Gomes,Rakitić,D.Suarez,Arda,Paco and Rafinha. Forca Barca! :barcascarf:

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Squad for the game:

Cillessen, Masip, Rakitic, Sergio, Denis, Arda, Iniesta, Rafinha, Mascherano, Paco Alcácer, Jordi Alba, Digne, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Aleix Vidal and Umtiti.

Not even one B player, even if the squad is short of one player :facepalm:

PhilS

0-0, Barca out of Copa in first round.

No MSN. Can't be confident that Barca will find goals today. If Lucho rolls out the quality of team he started in the first Hercules game, Hercules just may be able to defend well enough for the big upset.

Ter Stegen
Roberto Masch Umtiti Alba
Gomez
D. Suarez Iniesta
Rafinha Rakitic Alba

Rakitic has been excellent at this position for Croatia. It's time for him to play at other positions, now that D. Suarez has taken his place in the first 11. I think Rak can also play very, very well at DM and RFB.

Paco, no, he has not earned any trust at all. Paco will never score for Barca in a game that counts. Lucho, please do not sacrifice Copa to keep giving Paco opportunities.

F

FlaFCB

0-0, Barca out of Copa in first round.

No MSN. Can't be confident that Barca will find goals today. If Lucho rolls out the quality of team he started in the first Hercules game, Hercules just may be able to defend well enough for the big upset.

Ter Stegen
Roberto Masch Umtiti Alba
Gomez
D. Suarez Iniesta
Rafinha Rakitic Alba

Rakitic has been excellent at this position for Croatia. It's time for him to play at other positions, now that D. Suarez has taken his place in the first 11. I think Rak can also play very, very well at DM and RFB.

Paco, no, he has not earned any trust at all. Paco will never score for Barca in a game that counts. Lucho, please do not sacrifice Copa to keep giving Paco opportunities.

Cillessen is the copa gk. Also, Rakitic will never play there under licho. And obviously Paco will start.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I got a feeling that Luis Enrique is taking this game for granted too much. Hopefully it will not bite us in the behind in the end.

F

FlaFCB

Since they'll have 8 days of rest afterwards, and no B players were called, I'd play the best possible squad:

[formation=barca,9]
JASPER
0-0-MASCH-0-UMTITI-0-0
ROBERTO-0-0-0-0-0-ALBA
0-0-0-BUSI-0-0-0
0-0-RAKI-0-INIESTA-0-0
RAFINHA-0-0-0-0-0-ARDA
0-0-0-PACO-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

I got a feeling that Luis Enrique is taking this game for granted too much. Hopefully it will not bite us in the behind in the end.

You know, we won the cdr the last couple of seasons. I really wouldn't mind an early exit, to rest and focus more on the CL and Lliga.

Devils

I wouldn't mind not winning this competition but at the same time I don't want Real to win it.

So let's play the strongest XI and win it anyway. :)

Nucky

It's not gonna be easy match but I still believe we will win it and go through. Barca always aims for all possible trophies. We don't have record 28 Copas for nothing :D

Home of Barca Fans