Suarez renews until 2021

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona announced that Uruguyan striker reached an agreement with the club to extend his contract until 2021.

The new contract will be signed on Friday 16 December at 1.30pm CET at the Club Offices. New buy-out clause in the contract is set at €200m.

37531681.jpg

116 matches, 97 goals and 8 trophies

Luis Suárez came to Barça from Liverpool in the summer of 2014 and since then he has played a total of 116 games in which he has formed a fearsome trio with team mates Leo Messi and Neymar.
The Uruguyan has scored 97 goals with Barça since signing for the blaugranes, an average of 0.83 goals per game.

Last season the Uruguayan scored 40 goals in the league, a feat that that left him as top scorer in La Liga and in Europe. The latter achievement saw him claim the Golden Boot for the second time in his career.
In his first season as a blaugrana the striker found the net 25 times in 43 matches, whilst last season he scored 59 in 53. In the current season, Suárez already has 13 goals in 20 appearances.

Suarez:

“It was the decision that we all wanted, both the club and me, we have a great relationship … Any player would want to end their career at a club where they feel comfortable. We’ll have to see, but I will never lose either my ambition or my enthusiasm”.

Home of Barca Fans