BS Friendly: Al Ahli - FC Barcelona 3-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FlaFCB

GWUgX8l.jpg

Freaking bs this is. A friendly in Doha before a derby.

Full squad traveling, and likely playing:

Manager Luis Enrique has selected his 21 players for the trip to Qatar which will see FC Barcelona take on Saudi Arabian club Al Ahli in Doha on Tuesday.
The team will set off from Barcelona on Monday and the boss has opted for 21 first team players plus two from Barça B: Carles Aleñá y Borja López. Jérémy Mathieu is the only first teamer who will not travel due to injury.

The squad is therefore: Ter Stegen, Cillessen, Masip, Piqué, Rakitic, Busquets, Denis Suárez, Arda, Iniesta, Luis Suárez, Messi, Neymar Jr, Rafinha, Mascherano, Paco Alcácer, Jordi Alba, Digne, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Aleix Vidal, Umtiti, Aleñá and Borja López.

Before announcing the squad, Luis Enrique oversaw a training session at the Ciutat Esportiva which included the same players.

Cze1i2SUkAAj9KI.jpg:large

Neeraj

WTF. I expected one or two starters to go. You are taking the full squad to doha? you've got to be shitting me..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Add insult to injury, some Qatari CEO just shat on Barca for picking Rakuten over "established brand" like Qatar.

El Flaco

Add insult to injury, some Qatari CEO just shat on Barca for picking Rakuten over "established brand" like Qatar.

Here's the staatement from their CEO.

Qatar Airways will cease to be the club’s shirt sponsor from next season and Al Baker did not hide his disappointment at losing out to Rakuten.

“It’s unfortunate that we were not selected. Our contract finishes next June but we are having conversations about being the club’s main airline partner,” Al Baker told a news conference on Monday ahead of Barcelona’s friendly with Al-Ahli Saudi in Doha on Tuesday.

“When we finish discussions and things are clearer we’ll decide if we stay together or not. Right now we have various teams that want us to sponsor them so we’ll take our time to decide what direction we take.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/sp...ponsorship-commerical-deal-barcelona-4423876/

xXKonan

Apparently we have to play our strongest XI this match because of the terms and agreement in the contract. :rolleyes:

I hope we don't suffer any injuries because of this.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We got shafted good. Undersold the shirt to Qatar, of all companies. And now this.
It really is pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans