BS Friendly: Al Ahli - FC Barcelona 3-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetIn

Enough with this 'hate speech' crap. People are allowed to have an opinion and express it freely, regardless of whether or not it's controversial, it's called free speech for a reason.

That being said, thank god we're getting out of this deal with Qatar Airways, Unicef and Qatar have no business being on the same shirt.

Total-Football

Do you classify everything you don't agree with as 'hate speech'?

I think this trend of " its cool to shit on the arabs " has grown to reach an unbearable level amongst the football fans community, a community i respect a lot.

Last edited:

GetIn

I think this trend of " its cool to shit on the arabs " has grown to reach an unbearable level amongst the football fans community, a community i respect a lot.

Don't get me wrong arabs are great people for the most part, but these super-rich middle-eastern corporations like Qatar Airways don't represent what Barca truly embodies. What else do they offer than a fat pay-cheque? It's not worth tarnishing our brand name for money we could be getting from companies whom treat their employees with a modicum of respect. Poor people in these nations often have no rights and are forced to work through inhumane conditions.

Money doesn't buy success, just ask City and PSG. Sooner or later, a few years after Messi and Ineista retire, our club will be filled up to the top with mercenaries, that is if we follow in our current path. We can't keep taking money from Qatar while we claim we are 'more than a club' and have Unicef at the back of our shirts

Ritchie

Couldn't we have just not played this and risked a fine or whatever? Or played it during pre-season if we had to? We've got a derby at the weekend FFS and it's their cup final. it's not like we're Real Madrid and they're going to roll over.

Ahmedd

A lot of guys doesn't like Qatar because of how they treats their workers, because some rich Qatar dudes gave money to isis etc.. Everyone can agree that there is some shady things going on with them. But it's more or less the same everywhere ! Russia is helping Bachar el Assad bombing his own people, the Fbi did some Al Quaeda propaganda videos, Nike/Addidas are pretty much reducing their employes to slavery and it goes on and on... It's so unfair to only blame Qatar. Dont forget that geopolitic is regulated by money, everything isnt black or white, money is their religion and there is a lot of money in football. But you're right for certain parts, Barcelona should be an example and shouldn't cooperate with the likes of Qatar etc, football should be above that.

Barcilliant

Go to any Gulf Arab state and see how they treat their workers from the subcontinent. These people have no humanity,only money.

Also how the fuck did we let in three goals against such a shit team,?

Anyone??

Ritchie

Go to any Gulf Arab state and see how they treat their workers from the subcontinent. These people have no humanity,only money.

Also how the fuck did we let in three goals against such a shit team,?

Anyone??

Beccause nobody could be arsed with it and they're all jet lagged after a long flight to the other side of the world?

Total-Football

[MENTION=21227]GetIn[/MENTION] ( i have the right to lay down my analogy )

I have been through this discussion in another thread .. if we gonna shit on a Qatar company for those slave workers, than shit on nations that have dropped and decimated entire populations from the surface of earth. those very terrorist governments ( i use the word government instead of nation ) have clubs to their names. Don't even drop this bullshit argument " oh But Qatar airways is a government endorsed company " . Anyone who has any basic knowledge about Macroeconomics know that all big companies are indeed government endorsed . Why i don't hear shit about Microsoft, Russian companies, Chinese companies . all of those countries have blood in their in hand. Now i don't give a shit about Qatar, but like i have said , i do have a problem with large scale brainwashing, that led to these double standards , i wouldn't have said shit if i read the same things about usa sponsored T shirts, and of course Usa only conveys things like " Breaking bad " and Kanye west" to your mind.

What does the common man in Qatar have anything to do with this shit , imagine if you enter your favorite team's favorite forums just to find everone shitting on your nation " fuck croitia " " stay away from Sweden " " Anyone but Egypt " , is this the noble message football is supposed to send ? a message of unity and intergrity ? Why you even bother to be part of this community that is speaking down of you with no reason.

now i have even more questions , i need answers for those questions below :

1- why they describe chealsea as " Abrahamovic " 's team , while teams owned by arab entrepreneurs are called , "arab's " teams , don't they deserve a name ? or is too generous to call those fucks by their name ?

2- how about Manchester united owned by the Glazer ? why aren't they called the " american's team " ?

to call people by their nationality is a pejorative thing , as i explained here the difference is obvious in naming the notorious owners in the world of foot-ball . that's why i said arabs and not only Qatar, because it's easy to spot discrimination when you are outside of the circle, i don't entirely blame the foot ball fans, i still believe it's the result of massive propaganda. I expect all of you to get really defensive about what i have said , and it's ok , i also understand why.

Last edited:

You know, you're the one implying that criticism of qatar is just an (inevitably racist) opportunity to shit on arabs, and that could very well be considered hate speech as well.

Also your argument about the "common man" actually kills your position. Because the common man in Qatar is an exploited migrant worker. And the common citizen in Qatar is both on the receiving end of money flows, and in a prime position to understand exactly where his privilege is coming from and how wrong it is. Two things that absolutely cannot be said for americans, russians, whatever.

Last edited:

Total-Football

You know, you're the one implying that criticism of qatar is just an (inevitably racist) opportunity to shit on arabs, and that could very well be considered hate speech as well.

Also your argument about the "common man" actually kills your position. Because the common man in Qatar is an exploited migrant worker. And the common citizen in Qatar is both on the receiving end of money flows, and in a prime position to understand exactly where his privilege is coming from and how wrong it is. Two things that absolutely cannot be said for americans, russians, whatever.

I see no answers to my questions , just expected defensive attitude . let's forget about the whole thing , or maybe let's save it until next time barca plays an "arab ownned team"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans