Coutinho or Verratti - which midfielder should we sign?

Which one should we sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Verratti.

Coutinho could be attainable though but we still have to wait and see what happens with Denis and Gomes. They deserve more time.

Ahmedd

Verratti is more like a "Modric type" of player, very intelligent and good vision. He can give us more control, and we saw how much we need it even if we have the best attacking trio. But the thing that worries me the most (If we end up getting him somehow) is that Verratti isn't the same with or without Motta. He is stronger and creates more when he have someone to rely on. So i think that even if we get him we will still need a creative player that can take Iniesta's job. Denis maybe ?

I will chose Verratti btw.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Verratti is quite a creative midfielder too

This poll is going to be a landslide :p

DRUNKY

Definitely Veratti, he is the kind of midfielder we currently need, a Coutinho-like player will be needed in the future, nonetheless.

Vilarrubi

Would take both in a heartbeat with our current midfield not functioning well, thank god Iniesta is back.

gasgas

Verratti is more like a "Modric type" of player, very intelligent and good vision. He can give us more control, and we saw how much we need it even if we have the best attacking trio. But the thing that worries me the most (If we end up getting him somehow) is that Verratti isn't the same with or without Motta. He is stronger and creates more when he have someone to rely on. So i think that even if we get him we will still need a creative player that can take Iniesta's job. Denis maybe ?

You mean to say that Motta is creative and attack minded :w000t:

I think Verratti will have his own Motta in Busquets

Ahmedd

You mean to say that Motta is creative and attack minded :w000t:

No no :lol:

What i meant is that he is more creative when he has a defensive mid close to him. With Laurent Blanc Paris played with 3 DMs : Matuidi Motta and Verratti.

Btw guys you should follow Adrien Rabiot's progression. He is very talented. He could be a good option for the future.

Last edited:

Busquets is a Motta-type player.. or rather the other way around. Imo Verratti would thrive here more than anywhere else, provided we become a bit more midfield-centric than we are right now.

BarcaOG

Banned
Tough question! Though not for most of you it seems. I prefer Coutinho. I feel like he could develop a very effective partnership with Neymar.

Raketa10

I would take both but if I have to choose than Verratti only because we need this type of a midfielder more.

Home of Barca Fans