Christmas Present For My Messi Mad Little Boy

hamd01

My little boy is 9 years old, and all he talks about is MESSI! We are in the UK, but he absolutly loves watching Barca, and his main man Messi. i guess he is not alone!

For Christmas we have decided to book flights for me and him to Barcelona, to see the Leganes match on Feb 19th.

The flights are booked....so I was now thinking about match tickets.

I dont have a lot of money to spend..... but obviously I dont want to miss tickets, given that we are flying a long way.

Can anyone suggest the safest and easiest (but not too expensive) way to buy tickets for the game, so that we know we are safe.

I was also thinking of doing the stadium tour on the Saturday (18th). Does that tend to get booked up?

Sorry final question guys..... but I read the trainign ground is not too far. Are there any open training sessions the day before a game?

Thanks guys.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I could be wrong but I think our training sessions are close to the public.

As to buying tickets to the game, ALWAYS go to our official site, where tickets are sold at face value. If the official site does not work for whatever reason (foreign credit card issues most likely), try ticketmaster.es, you can buy tickets there for the same price.

Camp Nou tours are rarely booked up, especially this time of year so I wouldn't worry about it.

I wish you and your son a great time in Barcelona and as always, :barcascarf:

dakt

My little boy is 9 years old, and all he talks about is MESSI! We are in the UK, but he absolutly loves watching Barca, and his main man Messi. i guess he is not alone!

For Christmas we have decided to book flights for me and him to Barcelona, to see the Leganes match on Feb 19th.

The flights are booked....so I was now thinking about match tickets.

I dont have a lot of money to spend..... but obviously I dont want to miss tickets, given that we are flying a long way.

Can anyone suggest the safest and easiest (but not too expensive) way to buy tickets for the game, so that we know we are safe.

I was also thinking of doing the stadium tour on the Saturday (18th). Does that tend to get booked up?

Sorry final question guys..... but I read the trainign ground is not too far. Are there any open training sessions the day before a game?

Thanks guys.

You are a great dad. These are the memories he'll have for the rest of his life.
Joan Gamper (training ground + new La Masia) is situated about 6km west of camp nou: https://www.google.hr/maps/@41.3759148,2.0528925,624m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
However, I don't think Barca's training sessions are opened for the public. They do have organized opened training (mostly for the kids) usually in the preseason.

hamd01

Thank you guys for your replies. I will take your advice and buy the tickets from Ticketmaster, which I have used before.

It sounds like we will have lots to do in the city, with the tour and visiting the other sites (not to mention the match), so I think I will give a visit to the training ground a miss.

I'll definetly post here afterwards.

hamd01

Well just to update this thread. We are all booked, for Feb 19th Lateral 2, v'Lagenes. I bought tickets via the official website.

I am having a slight panic as when the e-tickets came via email it said "date to be confirmed", but when I booked it said 19th Feb.

Does anyone know if there is a risk of the match date changing?

dakt

Well just to update this thread. We are all booked, for Feb 19th Lateral 2, v'Lagenes. I bought tickets via the official website.

I am having a slight panic as when the e-tickets came via email it said "date to be confirmed", but when I booked it said 19th Feb.

Does anyone know if there is a risk of the match date changing?

The match is pretty near in the future, I don't see any reason why would they change it.
Maybe it could fall to day before, but I doubt it. I got tickets for Barca vs. Deporitvo last season more than 2 months before an actual event and match was played on time.

Be care free and have a great time with your kid! Visca Barca.

hamd01

Well it is now just days away from me and Luke travelling to Barcelona.....he is so so excited!!! Actually I am also so excited.

This forum has been a brilliant help, thank for all the advice.

I just have a couple of questions for people who know the city and team better than me.

1. We have bought tickets for the stadium tour, which I am planning to take him to on Saturday. Do you guys know if it is ok to take a camera?

2. Can you guys think of anything I can do to make the match-day experience even better? Perhaps places that fans hang out before the game? Obviously he is only 9.... so not bars or anything.... but if anyone has any tips on what to do on match day (Sunday) I would love to hear them.

Thanks again everyone.

Horatio

You're welcome
Just a guess, but I would assume that around Catalunya plaza you will find bars with cules.

Have fun!

Galning

Well it is now just days away from me and Luke travelling to Barcelona.....he is so so excited!!! Actually I am also so excited.

This forum has been a brilliant help, thank for all the advice.

I just have a couple of questions for people who know the city and team better than me.

1. We have bought tickets for the stadium tour, which I am planning to take him to on Saturday. Do you guys know if it is ok to take a camera?

2. Can you guys think of anything I can do to make the match-day experience even better? Perhaps places that fans hang out before the game? Obviously he is only 9.... so not bars or anything.... but if anyone has any tips on what to do on match day (Sunday) I would love to hear them.

Thanks again everyone.

1. Yes, it's allowed :)
2. Just go to Camp Nou before kick-off and walk around the stadium I suppose.

Home of Barca Fans