FC Barcelona invites Chapecoense to the 2017 Joan Gamper Trophy

BarçaBarça

I was looking for this news in here - such a great decision by our beloved club :wub:
It will certainly also help our image internationally, everybody acknowledge it as a class move :)

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Chapecoense President today revealed Barcelona is the only Club that supported them with Money since the tragedy. I just can't believe this. All this talk about globalization and the beautiful game transcending borders, all these super rich Clubs in the world, we are the only Club to support them financially? That is the real tragedy.

"Only Barcelona have been with us," he said, "from the very first moments."

"They made money available to us and then in August they invited us to play the Gamper Trophy with the money divided between us."

Devils

So we apparently gave them €250,000 and will split the money raised from the Gamper match with them.

Very nice gesture. I hope it helps them out.

On the topic of other clubs, we have been the first to do it, but I'm sure the other European giants will eventually help them as well.

JerseyAddict

Not realy Chapoense but realy nice story from Barca in Croatia.
http://gol.dnevnik.hr/clanak/rubrik...lesnog-mladica-usrecila-do-neba---470902.html

To make things short, kid has cerebral palsy and is a great FCB fan. After 6:1 win his mother taped him chearing and crying and sent this to FCB. A week later he received jersey with Neymar, Messi, Suarez and Iniesta signatures. Cap with neymar sig, photos and lots of souveniers.

That's Barça spirit :)

ejuventus

doubtful about it

it's not always clear in these cases wheter one does an altruisitic gesture or a sort of self saying to be good and noble

JamDav1982

doubtful about it

it's not always clear in these cases wheter one does an altruisitic gesture or a sort of self saying to be good and noble

Barca didnt make a big deal of it and many of the clubs who said they would help didnt.

It is clear it was genuine and not for big publicity.

Home of Barca Fans