Liga l Round 14: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-1

KiX7777

Look at this, just look...
Gomes and Rakitic are too far apart so Leo has to come and help and that leaves right side empty
Same shit happened in 2014/15 until Messi decided to take things in his own hands

Gaudi

I think we should do exactly the opposite of what we are doing now: Messi crowding the middle with Suarez and often Ney as well leaving Raki and Gomes free on the sides...they can't dribble 1 on 1 or even break with speed.
We should crowd the mid with Gomes and Raki and leave the flanks exposed to Messi and Ney with fullback help. Of course Messi can float around, come in the middle, that's always an option, especially when ball is on the left with Ney.

Funny thing is we did play like that and won everything

SeloBarca

Its no coincidence it has gotten worse and worse since Xavi left us.
Xavi was as important for our buildup as Messi was for scoring.
Now we noone even close to Xavi to do the buildup from midfield making it extremly easy for oponents to mark out Messi, Neymar and Suarez since midfield cant provide shit.
Denis, Rakitic, Rafinha, Gomes, Turan...they are all AMs with various differance in speed, all of them not even 20% of the vision and passing Xavi had

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Its no coincidence it has gotten worse and worse since Xavi left us.
Xavi was as important for our buildup as Messi was for scoring.
Now we noone even close to Xavi to do the buildup from midfield making it extremly easy for oponents to mark out Messi, Neymar and Suarez since midfield cant provide shit.
Denis, Rakitic, Rafinha, Gomes, Turan...they are all AMs with various differance in speed, all of them not even 20% of the vision and passing Xavi had

Not one midfielder with a profile similar to Xavi was brought. And this is due to the coach. My impression is he wants to change the style, as much as he denies it.

beogatts

i think midfielders seem ok but need time to sync. we more lack of "dani alves" RB.
roberto still not adapt with messi type of play.

i_bleed_blaugrana

[tw]805428495463710720[/tw]

[tw]805428977980542976[/tw]

So much space to exploit in their left side...

What a bloody mess. Both sides are so disjointed. Love these graphics by the way, so telling.

I think Messi felt like he had to be so central with Iniesta gone but even still, he started drifting centrally after January last season and look what it got us...

It's multifaceted; tactically I think Lucho wants to maximize to amount of times Messi and Neymar can link up and between that and the diminishing creativity we have in MF (outside of the Don of course), it's got us caught in two world as that article that [MENTION=21618]FlaFCB[/MENTION] posted (great read btw).

This trend needs to end though and I've been harping for a while now about how we desperately need width back in our shape. The wings were precisely what was open against Atleti in that CL tie last season, Simeone drowned the center with bodies but completely neglected the wings and our inability to see and exploit this (both from Lucho and the players) was maddening to me then and still bothers me now. So I see this trend as being either one or a combination of two things: Lucho forcing a link-up that is in more ways hampering the space needed for them to do so and/or Messi's trust. He really only trusts Iniesta and Busi back in MF and whenever one is missing, he feels the need to do more of the dirty work in the build-up. I don't think he has trust in the MF to do that outside of those two and it perhaps suggests that having this sort of player in our squad would help Messi feel like he can focus more on attacking.

Despite the result, I saw a lot to be positive about. Busi's improvement, Suarez finding a goal could be important down the line and hopefully now that Iniesta is back we can find more control in MF and help push Lucho to get back to the tactics that gave us success. Real will have an extremely difficult January after coming back from the Club WC so I think they will drop some points there. One loss or a couple draws where we pick up points and the pressure will be back on them.

SeloBarca

Not one midfielder with a profile similar to Xavi was brought. And this is due to the coach. My impression is he wants to change the style, as much as he denies it.

For the worse. Change our beatiful way of playing football that has brought us loads of trophies into something you cant even describe.

snowy

Haven't seen the Al-Ahli match yet but was positively impressed with the teams cohesiveness and flow since Don Magic came back. Thought the entire team was in great form against Gladbach and Osasuna. Cool Barca football! Busi being back in top gear makes a world of difference as well.
If we maintain this level, very much liking our chances for trophies and glories :barcascarf:

Home of Barca Fans