Liga l Round 14: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-1

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Sport not to long ago says Lucho will most likely play Masche at RB over Roberto.

Wouldn't surprise me if Lucho went with a Back three of Umtiti-Pique-Masche and If Alba is fit he would be pushed up into the Midfield.

And now MD says that Lucho might play Mascherano as RB and Roberto or Rafinha instead of Rakitic.

F

FlaFCB

is iniesta not fit or why play masche rb?

Because Bob can't defend? Iniesta is fit, but I don't think he'll start.

[formation=barca,9]
MATS
0-0-PIQUE-0-UMTITI-0-0
MASCH-0-0-0-0-0-ALBA*
0-0-0-BUSI-0-0-0
0-0-RAKI-0-BOB-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
MESSI-0-0-SUAREZ-0-0-NEYMAR
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

This could also be like a 3-4-3 at times, with Alba going forward.

hulinat

if iniesta is fit he WILL start because our midfield has sucked since the game against Valencia. Sergei can defend and has been one of our best players performing consistently since last spring. just cus he's been out of form for the past couple of games doesnt mean he cant defend. Busi, suarez and neymar have been shit aswell, theyre much bigger worry.

F

FlaFCB

if iniesta is fit he WILL start because our midfield has sucked since the game against Valencia. Sergei can defend and has been one of our best players performing consistently since last spring. just cus he's been out of form for the past couple of games doesnt mean he cant defend. Busi, suarez and neymar have been shit aswell, theyre much bigger worry.

Uh, nope. Bob's side has marcelo in it. And cr too. It'd be safer to put a better defender there. Bob attacks well down the flank, but he is very suspicious defending. Always has been. What is normal, he was bred as a midfielder.

serghei

Despite playing and winning CL and the Copa finals, this is without doubt Lucho's biggest game as a Barca coach because of where we stand in the League right now.

And I hope he's able to make the proper tactical so the team functions better. Obviously the players got to be incredibly motivated and fired up too.

You know what? It's completely irrelevant if we win vs Madrid and we mess up against the other teams more than our competitor does.

Neymessi

I expected some pessimism but this is too much. Yeah we aren't great but Madrid aren't that good too and this is our home we are playing on with players having fierce motivation after the horrendous last game. Bale is out too while we have most of our starters.

serghei

I'm not that worried about the game. I'm fairly confident we will beat them, or at least draw, but I think we will waste more points than them this season anyway. La Liga is about consistency. We don't have that and it's tough to get the motivation back after two great seasons. Let's hope things turn out well.

wisconsincule

If Madrid press us high like every other team has done I dont think we have a chance. They wont be as wasteful with their chances. Hoping Lucho changes the tactics but I highly doubt it. Heres to being very drunk tomorrow.

Chong Li

Due to family matters I won't be able to watch. :(

That 16.15 kickoff time is really outrageous IMO.

Anyway, I predict a 3-1 win for us.

slvtn

Can't watch it, too and after the last two games I'm not too sad about it. The Copa game against Hercules was one of the worst Barca games I've seen. Not as bad as the MLS western conference final, but close.

I'm expecting an emberassing performance resulting in a 1-4 for Real. I woulnd't mind to be completely wrong here though.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I'd take a scrappy 3-2 win in this as it is a must win. If we lose our title challenge is over as I cannot see us catching them when they're 9 points clear and on such good form.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Even if we do beat RM by some miracle we will be back to our shitty old ways against the mediocre clubs.

I just don't see us turning the corner this season. We've been woeful.
I'm with you on that. I cannot see us winning the league this season. Real Madrid are due a title anyhow. 1 in 8 years for them is fucking poor for a club that size. I'd take a CDR win this season and regroup in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans