Liga l Round 14: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-1

serghei

Barça just drew 3 in a row too. And rm are yet to lose a match. They play poorly at times, but still manage to win or draw. It's uncanny.

They don't have to lose. I'm perfectly fine with them drawing several times like they did with Eibar and Villareal.

Horatio

You're welcome
If we regain form we might beat Madrid at Bernabeu...Bale will be back though. With Atletico I really can't tell.

F

FlaFCB

They don't have to lose. I'm perfectly fine with them drawing several times like they did with Eibar and Villareal.

I can't see us avoiding dropping more points, though. And there's bernaleo and calderon left yet. Winning today was crucial. Let's see.

TrueCule

We basically have one hard game until we play the derby on Calderon. That hard game is Villareal away.

We are 6 points behind. But we played on:

San Mames (win this season, win last season)
Ballaidos (loss this season, loss last season)
Anoeta (draw this season, loss last season)
Pizjuan (win this season, loss that season)
Mestalla (win this season, draw last season)

Our results in those games aren't that awful, and actually superior to last year's on the same stadiums. I think we were really really poor to lose 5 points at home to Alaves, and Malaga though. Those two games are mainly the reason we are where we are. Those points are points we count as in the bag usually.

Exactly, I agree. Real already played at Anoeta but need to go to San Mames, Ballaidos, Pizjuan and Mestalla. They will definetely drop points on at least two of these four matches. The matches there are very hard to win.
The season is still very long and everything can happen. I'm positive that Real will soon start dropping points. They play very poorly, withot any style or whatsoever.
We just need to start winning again. I'm sure that the form will come. As someone before said, in 2014/15 we were in a similar position and ended the season with the treble. I believe we can do it this season too.

serghei

Very good points. And true.

The problem might be that Messi doesn't want to play there anymore, maybe he feels less involved or comes in good scoringchances less playing on the wing.

That's a problem then. Messi should play where it's the best for the team. Not where he wants to.

F

FlaFCB

The problem might be that Messi doesn't want to play there anymore, maybe he feels less involved or comes in good scoringchances less playing on the wing.

He did so well there in 14-15. Scored a lot too. I think he's dropping deeper because the midfield is too wide and upfront. It's a systemic error, and the lack of a rw makes it worse. Also, Alves would cover that space when messi was central, no one is doing this now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't figure out from the posts here if we were better but missed a win due to bad finishing or were we just not good enough. Maybe both?

kilian

Can't figure out from the posts here if we were better but missed a win due to bad finishing or were we just not good enough. Maybe both?

We were pure shit in the first half, but they weren`t any better, except Modric. After the goal in second half and Iniesta coming in, we started playing good football and creating chances that Neymar and Messi missed. And then our brainless coach decided to tighten up the defense with Arda Turan, who made the foul that led to Ramos goal. So, practically nothing changed from our last games regarding our tactics, strategy or level of performing. The only difference was Iniesta and a much better version of Busquets.

Positives - Iniesta back, Busquets had a great game

Negatives - pretty much everything else, just like in the previous games

eaman

I'm fairly sure everyone covered what i was going to say already but I'll post anyway. A decent performance and would have deserved the win on chances created. Now for the negatives. Should have taken gomes off for iniesta coz rakitic was actually having a good game for a while this season. Still want verratti in the team over him. What the **** was turan doing. And who was marking Madrids most dangerous player from set pieces. Now for the positives. Barca played better in midfield than they have being in a while. Especially in the second half and that was obviously down to the genius iniesta. The defence looked good until the ramos header. Messi was good as usual and busquets looked like his old self. Now d'or my last comment. NEED MARCO VERRATTI

Home of Barca Fans