Cdr | Round of 32: Hercules - FC Barcelona 1-1

F

FlaFCB

Squad for the game:

CygWXZDXgAAwEqZ.jpg:large

Messi983

Marlon with some injury problems. :( I was really looking forward to see him in this game. Anyway, good to see Umtiti back. I don't know if he should really start this game though but probably will because he and Borja are only CBs on the list (can Carbonell play as CB?). I'm also interested to see if Vidal will play. Hopefully we won't need to use Roberto today (unless Lucho plans to use Masche as RB on Saturday) and I'd also rather rest Digne with Alba questionable for El Clasico.

Cillessen
Vidal-Umtiti-Borja-Nili
Alena-Carbonell-Denis
Rafinha-Paco-Arda

Don't expect too much from this team. Hopefully we'll win though. ;)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Aleix is back :vidal:

Carbonell and Nili did well last time. Hopefully Alena won't be played out of position again.

BarçaBarça

I hope mostly B-teamplayers and the most marginal reserves play, so the primary subs can rest and be ready for the important match!

gregorrin10

I hope mostly B-teamplayers and the most marginal reserves play, so the primary subs can rest and be ready for the important match!

I'm sorry, you want the primary SUBS to rest? Don't they do that enough already in La Liga and CL? :lol: Especially the forwards, since MSN want to play every single minute of every game, and Lucho stupidly lets them (then they'll be burned out by March again and we're fu*** once again, cause we're so dependant only on them, since our midfield doesn't seem to exist without Iniesta). So because of that our A-team midfielders need to get as much minutes as possible too, especially in games like this, when the 'big 3' who we know is not going anywhere in the next 2-3 years at least, isn't included in the squad. Just to test them all, give them a good run off, so that we can, come June, determine which ones to keep and which ones to get rid of, maybe even this upcoming summer already, especially if we're serious about going after someone as high-profile like Coutinho.

They must all play, this is exactly the point of cup games like this, it's a perfect chance for at least some of them to prove themselves, or at least get a good whole 90 minutes under their belt, especially hoping for Paco to finally get his goal(s) hopefully, and Umtiti, to get into match shape so he can hopefully play in the Clasico alongside Pique.

Thus, my perfect lineup for tonight is:

Cillessen

Vidal - Borja - Umtiti - Digne

Alena - Gomes - Denis

Rafinha - Paco - Arda

Then later in the match sub in the 3 remaining B-team youngsters, Carbonell for Gomes, Nili for let's say Digne (and then one of Vidal or Nili plays the rest of the match on LB) and Cardona for anyone out of Rafinha, Denis or Arda. But not Paco, cause he needs the whole 90 minutes tonight, and hopefully he makes good on them. That way we can maybe even try pairing up Paco and Cardona up front (not sure if the kid is a central striker like Paco or if he's comfortable on the wings too?). If he's like Paco though, maybe tweak the formation a bit once he comes on, let (let's in this case say that he comes on for Denis) Arda and Rafinha hang a bit back on LM/LW and RM/RW. Or just to be safe, maybe sub in Carbonell for Umtiti and play him on CB, especially if we hopefully have a comfortable lead by then, no reason to push Umtiti for the whole 90 minutes today, and then god forbid end up without him on the weekend, when we'll really need him. And please let Sergi Roberto be the one player (besides Masip) not to play and thus get some rest before Saturday.

But knowing Lucho, he'll probably play Sergi Roberto for the whole 90 minutes, while Vidal will be the only one besides Masip not to get any minutes. :p If that really happens, then we know 101% that he's OUT starting next year, while now we're only like 90% sure, i guess. :wave:

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Marlon with some injury problems. :( I was really looking forward to see him in this game

It's not injury. He has some irregularities with his registration in both cdr and liga. So in order to avoid a "cheryshev", he wasn't included in the squad. And if he had played in anoeta, Barça would lose the point won.
He might only be able to play cdr or liga in January, after being registered again. Somebody made a mess.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Probably because he had some trouble with getting work permit, if I remember correctly. However, MD says that this is just precaution, because there might be different interpretations of some rule and they asked Spanish federation about it and now wait for the answer.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Ivan Buigues (Hercules GK) : "I am a Madridista and want to tire out Barca before the Clasico!"

Home of Barca Fans