Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC Barcelona and Nestlé sign global sponsorship agreement for the next 4 years

FC Barcelona and Nestlé sign global sponsorship agreement for the next 4 years

Source from official FC Barcelona website

Barça and Nestlé made their sponsorship agreement official on Monday at Camp Nou, the first with a sports club in Nestlé's history

This Monday, FC Barcelona and Nestlé Milo officially announced their new sponsorship deal, which is the first such agreement that Nestlé has ever made with a sports club, whereby Barça and the multinational, which is celebrating its 150th anniversary this year, are joining forces to promote the importance of education, nutrition and sport. The private event was attended by FC Barcelona President, Josep Maria Bartomeu; the Club’s Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Manel Arroyo; and Nestlé SA Executive Vice President, Patrice Bula.

Through this new global deal, the brand that produces dissolvable cocoa and malt powder becomes an Official Club Sponsor for the next four years. The agreement also includes the Nestlé Nesquik brand in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

Starting from the premise that sport and nutrition go hand in hand, the club and Nestlé Milo (the brand's name in Asia) will be working together to promote a healthier lifestyle and to highlight the importance of physical exercise among children through the different activities included in the deal.

Both entities have extensive experience in the development of youth sports programmes in which education and healthy eating are given plenty of emphasis. Nestlé Milo promotes sport and nutrition programmes where the same values that define the club are represented and in which 22 million children participate worldwide.

The sponsorship deal includes image, association, marketing, publicity, digital, promotion, merchandising and hospitality rights, as well as different activities with FCB Escola.

Statement by the vice president for marketing and communications at FC Barcelona, Manuel Arroyo:

“The global sponsorship deal with Nestlé Milo consolidates the attempts to make the club more global and reinforces the club's association with market leaders. Nestlé Milo, like FC Barcelona, believes in the importance of playing sport from a young age as a key tool for learning essential values for children’s development.”
    Statement by executive vice president of Nestlé SA, Patrice Bula:

“At Nestlé our aim is to educate the youth about sport and nutrition, in order to enhance their quality of life and to contribute to a healthier future. As the world’s largest food manufacturer, with our consumer penetration reach, means we can, and we must make a difference to the lives of kids across the world. By educating the youth about the importance of sport and physical activity as part of a healthy lifestyle, we can build a better future for the next generation. Regularly taking part in sport, kids learn from an early age, the values of fairness, effort, respect and confidence. Building on these shared values, we are delighted to partner with FC Barcelona to develop a series of sports programmes designed to encourage more kids to take part in sport and enjoy a balanced diet. With this partnership, we aim to help make a difference to lives of millions of kids across the world.”

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    I hope they pay good money for being associated with Barca.

Nestle is a horrendous company. How can we possibly have sponsorship deals with Nestle and UNICEF at same time?

Guess we have to have a new evil one now that Qatar is out of the picture.
    Last edited by Devils; 21st November 2016 at 05:16 PM.
    Puyol #5

Does Nestle have possible ties with terrorists as well? If not, I'll take them.

President of FC Barcelona

Blog Entries
    Nah, but they kill people in a different way by stealing their water.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    After some googling I found this http://www.dailydot.com/via/nestle-c...bottled-water/

But I guess all companies have some forms of skeletons in their closet, right?
    Sóc Culer.

President of FC Barcelona

Blog Entries
    Yes

Previously known as Mehssi
    Haha, no time to enjoy Qatar out that we have a new killer as a sponsor
    The Internet is full of tribute videos with some version of the title "Messi doesn't dive" a trait rare in a sport where players roll around on the ground like gunshot victims when an opponent so much as breathes on them.

Theories abound about why Messi won't fall, about his character or his respect for the game, but I think it's much simpler. If he dives, he loses the ball.

SiempreBlaugrana
    So Nestle will be our shirt sponsor or is that still Rakuten?

QUE D10S NOS PROTEJA

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi View Post
    So Nestle will be our shirt sponsor or is that still Rakuten?
    Still Rakuten. Nestle Milo is just a global partner, probably on par with the likes of Oppo, Gaterade, Betfair etc.
    Sóc Culer.

barca are aiming at a 1 billion euroes revenues by 2020 .. i respect the effort but forbes published an article about this saying it's highly unlikely we would make that 1 billion .. my position i expressed it in another thread : keep the money coming , whether from qatar , emirates , or jupiter ..
    Last edited by Total-Football; 21st November 2016 at 11:40 PM.
    kilometers matter ..

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    We're spending too much on wages, really too much. So all that record figures really go there to fill players pockets.

Tranfer budget barely increased in last 10 years while our budget more than doubled.

Barca doesn't emphasise enough that by joining Barca you don't join for your fat paycheck. You join for chance to win trophies, play with Messi, live in Barcelona.
    There will always be time for last fat pay by joining epl.
    In recent years Madrid deals smarter than Barca in both transfers and wages.

How much lower are Madrid's wages than ours? Consdering we've achieved much more than them in the last 4-5 years.
    Last edited by serghei; 22nd November 2016 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    After some googling I found this http://www.dailydot.com/via/nestle-c...bottled-water/

But I guess all companies have some forms of skeletons in their closet, right?
    No: All companies have skeletons in their closet, but a few is especially aggressive and without any form of consciousness, and therefore a 'symbol' of the dirty sides of multinational businesses. Nestlé is one of those symbols, because of the mere amount of areas where they deliberately fuck things up (tricking and exploiting mothers, killing rainforrest, child slavery, privatizing common water-supplies etc.).

But I guess "Global evil sponsor" was free after Qatar left. We should get Scientology as well, then they can sue all dissatisfied Culés, and we would have no problem with all the moaning.

One of the reasons the Barcelona-brand is valuable is the fairytale-like history-writing that surrounds the club (the little one against the big oppressing state etc.), and some of that story is gradually lost these years. Real Madrid has always been the club who said: Look at our trophy-cabinet and you'll know our history - but Barca is more than mere results, and should keep that in mind and nurture that. I'm not blind to the rising amount of money needed to compete in todays football, but it is proved possible that a main sponsor can pay a record amount without being a humanrights-offending business, and therefore it should be possible at lower levels as well.

Banned

Barca doesn't have any romantic appeal for a sponsor, not anymore.
    It's a club with hugely marketable players and shady management.

Nestlé, although it is a megacorporation, is far better for us than Qatar, the country that corrupted football to buy a world cup built by quasi slaves, sponsors terrorism, and propagates wahhabism.