CL | Round 5: Celtic - FC Barcelona 0-2

Raketa10

I like the fact Gomes is playing but I hope when Iniesta comes back Lucho will always play CM with AM

Rakitic/Gomes with Iniesta/Denis/Rafinha

serghei

Barcelona dont need to calculate, what is the satisfaction to get easy draw in CL? 60 % la liga matches are easy, in cl i want watch barca vs top teams all the time, i dont care for real and if they get easy draw

Why not win some titles without actually being the best? Because we never won a CL when we weren't the best team in the game. Not since I've been watching Barca anyway. Does anybody doubt we were the best team in the world in 2006, 2009, 2011 and 2015?

We need to find a way to win in Champions League while not being head and shoulders above the rest. Madrid is the best at this. A lot of times they've won the Champions League while being 3rd in La Liga that season. In 2000 for example Madrid won the CL by being 5th in Spain that season. 5th!!! As in 4 teams were better than them over the course of an entire season.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Madrid know how to play in champions league, they have that arrogance and superiority about them. Other teams fear them and they have belief to win in close games

We have that now but for a long time had an inferiority complex

serghei

Madrid know how to play in champions league, they have that arrogance and superiority about them. Other teams fear them and they have belief to win in close games

We have that now but for a long time had an inferiority complex

We also win too few games in which we don't massively dominate our opponents. Which translates to fewer Champions Leagues, but higher quality in the seasons we win - which leads to more spectacular and memorable games and finals.

You'd have trouble to find more dominating wins in Champions League than in 2015 or during Pep's era (2009 and 2011).

I'd like us to be able to reset ourselves regardless of form and just deliver on those specific nights, even if during those seasons we were under our standard level overall. We don't seem to do that. Instead, we enter this crazy periods of form where we just smash almost everyone.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The seasons we didn't do well because the players were complacent or uninterested. When we were motivated and in form recent years we won the whole thing. Exception was when we lost to inter which I thought was unlucky

serghei

The seasons we didn't do well because the players were complacent or uninterested. When we were motivated and in form recent years we won the whole thing. Exception was when we lost to inter which I thought was unlucky

Both Inter and Chelsea ties were unlucky. We could have won 4 CLs in a row, because there is no doubt in my mind that we would've beaten Bayern two times in 2010 and 2012 just like we did with United. Too many misses cost us, along with some horrible refereeing decisions vs Inter in both legs.

And I thought that in 2012, even though the consistency was not there anymore, we still showed up in top games. Beat Madrid twice on Bernabeu that year. Beat Leverkusen 7-1, with Messi scoring 5. It was a good CL campaign which ended in a disappointing manner because of our own fault.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Real Madrid have contacts not superiority or "a way", please, as we wouldn't win if we faced unknown team after another all the way to the final.

dakt

Game was a horror to watch (for Barca standars). Midfield is useless. Far cry from what it used to be. Sad, sad, sad....

raskolnikov

Group winners!

Watch us get rewarded for it by drawing Bayern

Well at the moment its Leverkusen, Psg, Bayern, Benfica or porto
Vs Dortmund, Arsenal, Napoli, Monaco, Leicester, Juventus when you finish second.

Year after year we get messed up cl ko draws. Even the weakest second placed teams are decent cl ko teams, no fodder.

Altomonte

decent match, Mascherano and Piqué very solid, Mascherano back to his old ways, Gomes improved. Messi just a joy to watch. Neymar played well until he got tangled with Lustig. Let's be positive, this match was an improvement.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We won comfortably much thanx to Messi.

I have no confidence in this midfield setup against stronger teams though. No control and simply too slow.

Well done to the team for securing the 1st place with one game in hand. Time to focus on La Liga and catching up Madrid!

Home of Barca Fans