Thread: Lucho disappointed, Pique worried

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries

Lucho disappointed, Pique worried

Post match quotes from Luis Enrique and Barca's best man after 0-0 draw against Malaga at Camp Nou.

Lucho:

"We are disappointed," he conceded in his postgame news conference. "We didn't expect them to be so deep."

"The density of the opposition players was incredible. They've put 10 men in their area so there was always going to be very few clear chances."

"We've had enough chances despite that, though. In the second half we generated a lot. But it's always difficult against a rival that sits so deep. We weren't counting on losing these two points."

"We tried until the end and we kept our faith. There was only one team [in it] and I can only congratulate my players. Now to pick ourselves up and improve."

"We have lost with Messi, with Luis Suarez, without Messi, without Luis Suarez," he pointed out. "Squads win titles. Messi must be really ill to miss a match, but it's nothing serious. He's already recovering."

Pique:

"It's worrying that we have lost so many points at home. No one wanted a draw in a game which realistically we had to win."

"We are Barcelona and we cannot make excuses. We have players who are worth a lot of money and a budget which is outrageous compared to Malaga."

"With numerical superiority it has been easier to get on the attack, but it has not been so because Kameni has been very good, and we have also been denied a goal (for offside)."

President of FC Barcelona
    "We are disappointed," he conceded in his postgame news conference. "We didn't expect them to be so deep."

Not the first time he's said it.
    Last edited by DonAK; 19th November 2016 at 10:48 PM.

Good self-reflection from Pique with that money quote.

Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post

Not the first time he's said it.
    How can he say that after last season, when they played exactly the same except Kameni screwed up once and Vermaelen scored for 1-0? Or the season before when they played, also, EXACTLY the same, except they scored a goal and won 1-0?

Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    How can he say that after last season, when they played exactly the same except Kameni screwed up once and Vermaelen scored for 1-0? Or the season before when they played, also, EXACTLY the same, except they scored a goal and won 1-0?

Yep. How can he not be prepared for a team to park the bus against us? Nearly every team does that. It's bullshit excuses.

Pique is right, enough with the excuses, yes bad luck happens, but same mistakes all the time are not bad luck, wake upppp Lucho!

Salutz to pique for the attitude both in the pitch and at the press conference.. lucho needs to fix a starting 11 and fix that shit for the rest of season.. dont screw with our mind and call whatever the fuck you doing rotation.. with our missing players rakitic had no business resting in the bench
    kilometers matter ..

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luis Enrique is clueless.

Pique for President of FCB.
    Sóc Culer.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    Luis Enrique is clueless.

Pique for President of FCB.
    Remember when I talked to you about Lucho?

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by vigneshFCB View Post
    Remember when I talked to you about Lucho?
    I don't recall anything, it is my age.
    Sóc Culer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    "We are Barcelona and we cannot make excuses. We have players who are worth a lot of money and a budget which is outrageous compared to Malaga."

Pique

How can you complain that a team sat deep? You are basically telling the world you have no clue how to play such teams and inviting more teams to play the same way. That combined with the fact that every team parks buses against us, make his statements completely stupid and irritating.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

Pique speaks the truth.
    To bad many players are not good enough for what they are paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    I don't recall anything, it is my age.

You blame everything on your age i'd be excused for thinking you're 90 years old