Is Jorge Sampaoli the man to replace Luis Enrique at Barcelona?

Should Jorge Sampaoli replace Luis Enrique if he decides to leave?

• Yes

Votes: 37 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I have other name in mind...

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

Raketa10

The thing that worries me the most is his temperament. In some moments he is totally out of control.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What worries me is the fetish for coach's that "know" the system and that were "raised" with our values, so I'm afraid we are looking at either Koeman or De Boer...

Sampaoli could use more experience in Europe before coaching us, though...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sevilla has looked good under him and he's been incredibly flexible in his tactics. From a 4-3-3/3-4-3/His Bielsaism 3-1-3-3

I understand the argument that he needs more experience in Europe, and all that, but for me, unless he implodes like Bielsa this season, this man should be our next coach, whenever it happens(likely after this season regardless of how it ends I think). And I certainly wouldn't mind Xavi as a part of his staff because I think he can learn a lot from Sampaoli too.

There's also the argument about him running the team to the ground, but we don't need to press crazily every game! We just need proper organization and Sampaoli is a master in that aspect. The high pressure can be used in the difficult games to gain an ever greater advantage.

This guy is so tactically flexible and such a passionate guy that already seem to have the respect of Mascherano, Messi and heck even Neymar went and hugged him after the Sevilla game. I think he could be perfect. And he doesn't stop pestering the players if they aren't doing well or playing according to the instructions. He'll scream his lungs out, walk, jump up and down all the game.

Messi had an event with Adidas lately and was asked the question whether talent or organization is best and he answered organization. That if a team works well, stays compact and know how to function properly, it's better than a team of talented individuals, and he sure as hell knows with his Argentina experience, AND that's exactly what Barca is right now too. Not organized one bit, despite the riches of talent.

I know Eusebio has done an admirable job with La Real and Valverde has been along for a long time, but I really think that we should take a different approach when we have the chance with this group of players. Sampaoli who is not only a great tactical coach, but also seem to be a very motivating one as well, and if we get Xavi to work as his understudy like Zidane learned from Mourinho and Ancelotti(hopefully with Xavi learning more and smarter ofc lol)? Even better.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
What worries me is the fetish for coach's that "know" the system and that were "raised" with our values, so I'm afraid we are looking at either Koeman or De Boer...

Yeah, I also have a feeling that we probably bring someone who were in the system, like Koemen, Eusebio or even Gerard Lopez.

Raketa10

De Boer is a terrible coach, what he did at Inter was disasterous, I do not won't him near our club!

FC B

For me it looks unlikely Lucho will turn things 180 degree and turn Barca play into a full 2014/2015 winning squad. I do believe/hope this will be his final season here but I hope he'll prove me wrong, ofc.

Otherwise Sampaoli looks like a great option for me atm or from the summer on.

DRUNKY

The closest to the Guardiola play I could think of is Koeman (about the UCL experience) Luis didn't do much with Roma or Celta.

kilian

I like Conte too. He really looks like he can organize a team. He was good in Juventus, good with Italy and now pretty good with Chelsea.

We don`t need a new Guardiola, we need someone who can organize our team to play cohesively and compact and not rely on MSN so much.

Altomonte

I just watched Chelsea beat West Bromwich: result 1:0 via an impressive goal scored by Diego Costa. What did Antonio Conte do when Costa scored his goal after 75 minutes? He took out Hazard, a world class forward, and substituted a pure Defender, to protect his lead. It worked. What did Luis Enrique do when he took out his world class forward Neymar at the end of the Clasico? He substituted an offensive midfielder not known at all to be good at defending headers.
Conte is probably the best at protecting 1:0 leads, I would like to see how many times he did that for Juventus. As Barça coach he would probably win more matches than most, because he can teach defense and protect leads. On the other hand, his intensity may be tough to take by some players. Barça management could easily find out by interviewing Pedro and Cesc.

Raketa10

Sampaoli is doing great so far with Sevilla. He really might be a great candidate for our future manager.

Home of Barca Fans