xXKonan

cedric-soares-southampton_3772886.jpg

Full name: Cédric Ricardo Alves Soares

Date of birth: August 31, 1991 (age 25)

Place of birth: Singen, Germany

Height: 1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)

Playing position: Right-back

Current Club: Southampton F.C

Born in Singen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany to Portuguese immigrants, Cédric returned to his parents' country at the age of two. He joined Sporting Clube de Portugal's youth system in 1999, aged eight.

Reports as early as Summer of 2015 we were looking at Soares as a possible Alves Replacement(Before Alves eventually signed a new deal). But Soares eventually signed a 4 year contract with the Saints becoming a regular with the English Side.

Recent rumors suggest we reignited our interest in the Portuguese for a possible move in the January Window to replace the likely outgoing Vidal.

Sali

Was great at the Euros, hit and miss for So'ton last year, currently out injured. Looks Portuguese as fuck man, Portuguese as fuck. Okay, we could go for him, won't be expensive like Bellerin or Aurier but not gonna be a world beater either. Let's see what happens kkkk

xXKonan

Going to bump this up. according to MD/English Press we consider Cedric, one of backup options for this summer in case we don't get Bellerin. He would be a cheaper option than the likes of Bellerin,Semedo and even Cancelo.

While he doesn't have the same level of attacking talents as his fellow Portuguese teammates Semedo and Cancelo, he is a solid defender and adequate going forward. He would probably cost 15-20 Million euros.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The problem is, I think we need an attack dominant FB who's also decent defensively. Soares is the opposite with defense being his strongest suit. IF Messi is staying on the RW or even Dembele there in a year or two, you need someone like a Marcelo or Carvajal or Alves or Lahm or even Kimmich there who's also very good offensively.

I'm not totally convinced because he was shocking before however many seem to say that he's improved a lot at Southampton and for Portugal so......yeah

Would never cost 15m though. Southampton publicly went out and said that Van Dijk and Soares are not for sale, and when they are demanding 60-70m for the former, they're never letting Soares go for peanuts.

xXKonan

That's true.

I guess if Southampton wanted to sell they could probably push it to 25-30 Million euros. I said it before in a couple of threads. Cedric out of the three Portuguese he's currently the best defender by a good distance as of right now.

He's one of those RB's where he might not have the crazy creative attacking talents going forward but he's not really terrible either. But he makes up for it in Hard work and he looks committed. Kinda reminds me of a older Palencia in that regard.

or like Jamdav said he's a lot like Azpilicueta is in terms of style and attitude.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm just not totally convinced he's exactly what we need.

Let's see though. First we have to move on from Bellerin lol

xXKonan

I'm just not totally convinced he's exactly what we need.

Let's see though. First we have to move on from Bellerin lol
Well MD said a couple of days ago Barca gave a 10 day limit and after the 10 days are up and we haven't made any progress or hope in signing him then we are moving on to alternative targets.

I guess what played a hand into this is Valverde wants a full seasons squad with the new transfers by July 12th when the team gets back to start training for the preseason.

Home of Barca Fans