Cancelo vs Aurier

serghei

Neither,both are costly for a back up RB and that is what we need.
One has no brain outside the pitch,the other lack defensive desire in it which doesn't help their case either.

We'll probably have to wait until the end of the season to find out if we need a back-up or a starter material RB. We still need to see how Roberto does against very good attacking sides that will put pressure on him.

khaled_a_d

We'll probably have to wait until the end of the season to find out if we need a back-up or a starter material RB. We still need to see how Roberto does against very good attacking sides that will put pressure on him.

Obviously,but since this is a thread made in early November I thought it is about January transfer window not about next summer.
A lot can change in the next 6 months

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Roberto is still very good. Can't just obliterate 2 years with 2 poor displays. Even Dani Alves had terrible games in his days.

Raketa10

Cancello, and we must buy him in January. Barca can't go further without a proper RB. We can't afford to wait until summer or this could cost us hugely.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Cancello, and we must buy him in January. Barca can't go further without a proper RB. We can't afford to wait until summer or this could cost us hugely.

I read MD article recently that said that it's impossible to get Cancelo in January because we already bought two players from them and relationships between the clubs are not very good right now because of the bottle incident, they say that we are looking into other options like Cedric Soares from Southampton and Roberto Rosales from Malaga.

Last edited:

Albo

Serge Aurier is much better but problematic character to say the least. I'd still pick him over Cancelo.

Raketa10

I read MD article recently that said that it's impossible to get Cancelo in January because we already bought two players from them and relationships between the clubs are not very good right now because of the bottle indecent, they say that we are looking into other options like Cedric Soares from Southampton and Roberto Rosales from Malaga.

Who is Portugal first choice for RB position Soares or Cancello? I really don't know anything about Soares...
It would be stupid to sign someone just to fill the spot. Than rather loan someone for 6m and do the buying in summer.

It's also important how big is Cancello buy-out clause? Does anybody know that information? If it's not that big we can always activate it...

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Neither.

I'd say either get an experienced, defensively solid RB like Lichensteiner or find someone who is all-around better than Bob.

He's doing great going forward but he's just going to be a liability for the next year or so until he gets a better sense of positioning but that's if he continues getting starting minutes a lot, something he shouldn't get if his form continues. I'll be patient with him and don't lash him too much because it's such a hard position for a CM to adjust to but he's already being exploited against weaker teams now and i wouldn't expect too much of a turn around in that sense of his play. Piqué helps cover those holes better than so many people give him credit for and I think it's no coincidence Bob's form has gone to shit without Piqué guarding his back.

Honestly, I always liked Aurier as a player but his off the field antics won't be tolerated here. That considered, Luis definitely had that question mark coming here and for the most part, he's been fine. Not a stretch to say Aurier couldn't adapt and mature here, especially with a more French contingent here now.

Home of Barca Fans