Lucho: "Errors cost us"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca coach thinks missed chances and errors cost Barca against ManCity in 3-1 loss of the 4th round of Champions league.

maxresdefault.jpg
]

"We played a great 40 minutes, with scoring chances, we could have put the game away, we dominated, and we didn't give them any chances to score."

"We made countless errors with possession in the second half, mistakes we do not usually commit."

"Their second goal came on a foul we could have avoided."

"We had a very clear chance on the play with André [Gomes], but we were not fortunate enough to score on it."

"Mistakes really cost you in these games."
"You have to get back up after you lose and keep on working."

"I think that was one of the best first halves we've played, and on a stage like this and against difficult opponent."

"In the second half we expected to win back control, but it was not to be because they were good and we made errors we do not usually make."

"40 minutes for us, 50 for them."

"They have good forwards who hurt us in transition."

"Perhaps they did not press us as hard as we expected in the beginning."

"In the second half they were very aggressive, they forced us into more errors than we usually make."

"We will try to win the two games we have left".

gasgas

The way we play the ball is inviting errors really.

Billion passes between the back four.
Pressure comes, boot it to Neymar, suarez etc.

Duel lost, high defensive line, oppoet counterattacks,
If opponent is good enough GOAL

kilian

Is this guy blind?
"Mistakes we don`t usually commit"

This whole season we are watching a mistake after a mistake. Especially from Busquets.

serghei

Good comments by Lucho. We have to do better, and decision have to be wiser, but the tactics were good. For example, if you look at the game vs Atletico Madrid on Calderon in Copa del Rey in 2014-15, it was more or less the same tactics, only we didn't do mistakes and we were more lethal on the counter than against City.

Chong Li

Walking on thin ice. And no Don Andres to bail him out for another month at least.

Two more losses in the next games (Sevilla, Malaga, Anoeta, Madrid) and he is in trouble.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Very disappointed with the response/excuse Luis Enrique gave. He was only touching upon the shallow surface (yes errors cost us) without going deeper to the root of our struggles and problems. If these issues are quite apparent to us fans, I can't believe he does not see them.

FC B

It's not only on individual erros but collective and individual attitude,form,motivaton and also tactics.

I really hope Lucho will sort things out fast or otherwise we and he will be stepping in a big shit soon.

Caramel

Very disappointed with the response/excuse Luis Enrique gave. He was only touching upon the shallow surface (yes errors cost us) without going deeper to the root of our struggles and problems. If these issues are quite apparent to us fans, I can't believe he does not see them.

He isn't obliged to tell the press what he really thinks. That shit is done behind closed doors, to the players and staff themselves.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He isn't obliged to tell the press what he really thinks. That shit is done behind closed doors, to the players and staff themselves.

Sure, but yesterday should not be the first time Luis Enrique got a rude awakening. We are getting pinned down by the same problems and issues again and again.

Vilarrubi

Even if he did I don't think he would come out and say we have a problem with our midfielders, they cant control the game etc. whether he does realise or not is another thing...

Home of Barca Fans