Do you want Lucho to remain coach next season?

Should we keep Lucho next season?

• Total voters

KyloRen

Yes. I'm not going to overreact for a few losses. People here expect trebles every season. It really shows who the true fans are and who the glory hunters are.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He has a lot of flaws but I don't see any realistic replacements out there.

Also, I am still debating whether our tumbling midfield (the root of every ill with us right now in my opinion) is mostly on him or the players.

BarcaOG

Banned
Poor poll wording, too. Should just be Yes or No.

Anyway, what the hell. Luft is right: who would replace him? We are likelier to throw the season away if we sack him now than we are to find a Di Matteo.

CatalinR10

2 weeks ago we won 4-0 vs city , didn't see anyone wanting lucho to leave after that result

These polls should be made at the end of the season not after a defeat in the begining of it

Umtitol

what's the fun if we can't discuss this now? :D

I think he won't renw, and unzue will take over.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Frank Rijkaard stayed after barren season but then circumstances were different.
Besides, Frank played the system. Barca system. And didn't shy from using and promoting La Masia players.

I will see what happens in November and December before voting.

Devils

I legit laughed out loud @ the results of the poll so far.

Yes. I'm not going to overreact for a few losses. People here expect trebles every season. It really shows who the true fans are and who the glory hunters are.

^^^^
This post is all that needs to be said. Thread over.

Xtroverto

Luis Enrique is the best barsa manager in the club's history counting first 2 seasons, no other manager comes even close, not even Guardiola, but many (new) fans are conditioned to Guardiola's barsa and romatisism regarding tiki taka.

1 champions league winning treble and 1 domestic double in first 2 seasons has not been achieved by any other football manager in the history of football, only Mourinho is comparable with one UEFA cup winning treble and 1 ChL double with Porto. Luis Enrique's team has scored more goals than ANY other team in the HISTORY of Football when counting first two seasons. Luis Enrique's team is the first in Champions League history to eliminate the defending league champions of England, Germany, Italy and France. The only other team in the 60 year history of European football to eliminate the defending champions of the 4 big competing leagues was Inter in 1963-64.

Luis Enrique's barsa team in the Champions League is running circles around Guardiola's barsa team, they score more goals, win more matches and beat harder opposition more often.

Some stats comparing LE to Guardiola in first 2 seasons

Luis Enrique's barsa

122 matches
96 wins 78%
13 draws
13 losses

348 goals 2,85 per game.
89 conceded

Guardiola's barsa

121 matches
87 wins 72%
23 draws
11 losses

296 goals 2,45 per game
94 conceded

In the Champions League

Luis Enrique

18 wins (significant away wins to PSG, Arsenal and Man City)
2 draws
3 losses

39 goals scored against teams from (England, Germany, Italy and France)

Guardiola

13 wins (no significant away wins at all)
9 draws
3 losses

23 goals scored against teams from (England, Germany, Italy and France)

Last edited:

Xtroverto

This has been our worst start to a season in over a decade. There is no good time to deflect in protection of him..

Bullshit!!!

2009-10 season started with us winning 1 of the first 4 games in the Champions League group stage. Losing home to Rubin Kazan and drawing away to Inter and Rubin Kazan. We were almost eliminated in the fucking group stage, a scrappy draw away to Rubin Kazan where we should have lost and a late goal by Messi away to Kiev where we played a shit match was all that saved us. But yea, keep on telling stories about the good old days :facepalm1:

Not to mention the first classico when we played like shit and only won thanks to Ibrahimovic who had 1 shot on goal in the whole game.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans