Do you want Lucho to remain coach next season?

Should we keep Lucho next season?

• Total voters

malvolio

I think he'd bring the tactical flexibility and take out the trash (Gomes and Arda and Vidal). Quite frankly, I don't think Sampaoli will leave Sevilla this soon, doesn't strike me as that type of coach.

Atleast Bielsa will have the guts to bench Neymar or Suarez when they're having awful game after game, right?

we need an ancelotti type of manager. a guy that can handle the egos in the squad. bielsa is just a hyped up mentalist. that's why no big team considered him for a job.

Devils

I think he is done now.

I don't think it is just supporters who have turned on him, it doesn't look like the players want him there either.

La Liga is done. Losing the league isn't a massive issue after winning it for the past two season but the manner in which it was lost is unacceptable. We shouldn't be out of the title race in early January and we should have changed our approach after Alaves/Celta/Malaga/Granada. Too many poor games at the start of the season was a clear indicator that things needed to change but nothing was done.

The players dont look fit at all and remind me of the Tata days. Motivation is at an all time low. Tactics are a disaster. The new signings over the last two seasons have been a dud except for Umtiti and Digne.

It's unacceptable.

vinni

I'll give lucho a while more.

With all the new players that arrived last summer, the first half of the season was allways going to be bumpy. Hopefully we pick up form and our chances will start to connect. We have just played two games after the winter break. Its normal that we need a few to get into rythm again. With less rotations overall we should start winning again. Hopefully.. I hope.. :)

Mitchell1978

Reactions on this forum are always over the top, he isn't as bad and the situation isn't as bad as some people think, that being said it's probably better for him to go, both for the club and for him, i think Barcelona needs a fresh set of ideas.

hulinat

sampaoli would actually be really good cus he could also maybe lure some players from sevilla to join us. Mariano has looked very good and Mercado isnt bad either though hes played mostly as cb this season.

Richard.H

Are y'all serious about Sampaoli? He is doing really well in Sevilla and there is absolutely no logic or any reason for him to jump ship immediately. It will take some extravagant negotiation deals to convince him to come here after the season is over.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Are y'all serious about Sampaoli? He is doing really well in Sevilla and there is absolutely no logic or any reason for him to jump ship immediately. It will take some extravagant negotiation deals to convince him to come here after the season is over.

He only signed a two year deal. Will have a year left in July. Don't think Sevilla will be too crazy in their demands.

serghei

Reactions on this forum are always over the top, he isn't as bad and the situation isn't as bad as some people think, that being said it's probably better for him to go, both for the club and for him, i think Barcelona needs a fresh set of ideas.

I agree. I think the forum is exaggerating because of Madrid's form. We should also note that this first half of the season we have played on San Mames, Anoeta, Mestalla, El Madrigal, Pizjuan and Ballaidos. That is basically most of the venues we struggle on, if we don't count the derbies with Atletico and Real (which are not that dependant on home ground). Except for the derbies, we should be having an easier time in the 2nd half of the season.

I'm counting Madrid will lose or draw vs Sevilla, so we could be back in it. Obviously, no more mistakes.

F

FlaFCB

I'm counting Madrid will lose or draw vs Sevilla, so we could be back in it. Obviously, no more mistakes.

Mistakes will keep happening. There's nothing to indicate anything will actually change in a short time.

serghei

Mistakes will keep happening. There's nothing to indicate anything will actually change in a short time.

An easier string of games until Atletico. All winable. Villareal away is always a game you can drop points in. We are in this situation, not because we drew vs Villareal, but because we lost to Alaves and drew vs Malaga at home.

Add those 5 points and we are on top with Madrid (a game in hand), having had a harder schedule. Sure the game is not working as it should, but we still have to pick those points at home.

That's the difference. Madrid was 1-2 vs Deportivo and wrestled back to a 3-2 win. We didn't do that with Alaves, nor with Malaga. It's a myth that Madrid has been excellent in all their games. Far from it. They were just more clinical when they needed to be.

We weren't clinical enough (Suarez and Neymar are poor from their standards so far) and on top of that, referees fucked us over a lot of times so far this season.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

An easier string of games until Atletico. All winable. Villareal away is always a game you can drop points in. We are in this situation, not because we drew vs Villareal, but because we lost to Alaves and drew vs Malaga at home.

Add those 5 points and we are on top with Madrid (a game in hand), having had a harder schedule. Sure the game is not working as it should, but we still have to pick those points at home.

That's the difference. Madrid was 1-2 vs Deportivo and wrestled back to a 3-2 win. We didn't do that with Alaves, nor with Malaga. It's a myth that Madrid has been excellent in all their games. Far from it.
rm have the help of refs, but also the lack of pressure from other teams. That surely makes things easier. Don't think they'll lose the Liga this year.

serghei

rm have the help of refs, but also the lack of pressure from other teams. That surely makes things easier. Don't think they'll lose the Liga this year.

We'll see. We just need to be there in 2 games range and beat them on the Bernabeu and they will feel the pressure. Until then, they have the harder schedule. I think that if we win all our games until the derby with Atletico, and we do a great game there, we will be breathing on Madrid's neck. Unless we totally collapse which would be completely the sign that Lucho will leave at the end of the season and has given up on La Liga.

I am ready to admit Madrid will probably win the league if they have an amazing game on Pizjuan, and they beat Sevilla comfortably. Because, tbh, the only though away game they had except the derbies was to Las Palmas, which they failed to win.

If they lose to Sevilla, the league is wide open again. So I'll be watching that one, with a close eye on the refereeing.

Last edited:

Antimadridista1

I prefer to answer to this question after the tie against PSG.
We're still on the track for every title but the way the team plays is worrying.

Bad transfers last summer and still need a rightback. Lucho's not the only one responsible.

Home of Barca Fans