Do you want Lucho to remain coach next season?

Should we keep Lucho next season?

• Total voters

serghei

Sacking him in the middle of the season is out of the question. He has the full season and we will judge at the end. He can win a Cup without being very good in La Liga, check Real Madrid lately. Winning 3 back to back La Ligas is a monumental task with Madrid and Atletico around.

Raketa10

Sacking him in the middle of the season is out of the question. He has the full season and we will judge at the end. He can win a Cup without being very good in La Liga, check Real Madrid lately. Winning 3 back to back La Ligas is a monumental task with Madrid and Atletico around.

Nobody wants to suck him in the middle of the season, the question is just should he renew or not.

Messi983

It will be Lucho's decision whether he wants to renew or not. The club will no doubt offer him new contract before the end of the season unless we completely fail and finish like 4th or 5th in La Liga. I think he'll even get a new contract offer if we finish trophyless. I actually thing it's more likely he would renew in that case, because team would be more motivated to win again next season as opposed if we win another double or treble (I still believe we can do that).

I voted yesterday before the game for him to stay because I still like him and because there are no realistically attainable coaches out there that I would consider a serious upgrade over him. Yes, his tactics are not always perfect but to be fair, we have some new players that need time to adapt to the team and we also had injuries to important players (Iniesta, Messi, almost whole defense at some point...) and bad form of others like Busquets and Suarez. I think all of that influenced on our incosistency so far this season but I believe Lucho and team will get things together in second half of the season. It's much better to be "in crisis" (if we can call some bad games as that) now than again have a bad period in April or May next year.

Last edited:

Caramel

You need a great draw (read: EASY) and huge luck in general if you want to win CL while playing like dog shite. That's Real Madrid's/Chelsea's way, not ours sadly.
I do not believe we will win either one of CL and La Liga this season, idk why people just assume Barca will turn up randomly in April/May after playing like shit for like 6 months back to back lol.

DRUNKY

You can all notice that our second half of the season in La Liga is relatively easier, let's not judge beforehand.

raminho

Judging by the awful play we've seen throughout this season, I voted YES. I hope we'll win something with Lucho this season but really hope for a new tactician next season. I think it's time.
Someone who can ignite the older Barça core as well as making good use with the newly acquired talent. At this point I think Sampaoli with Xavi as assistant would be great. ;) Don't see it happening though.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If we lose the league then 100% yes. Losing league with a good squad like this is unacceptable. But still no point in sacking now lets wait and see. At least until Feb or march.

Messi983

If we lose the league then 100% yes. Losing league with a good squad like this is unacceptable. But still no point in sacking now lets wait and see. At least until Feb or march.

Really? It would be unacceptable if we played in some inferior league where we'd be clearly the best team but not in La Liga with other great teams like RM and AM (yes, so far they are not as good as expected but I believe they would be a serious title contender in any league in the world) as title contenders. We've only won 3 (or more) consecutive La Liga titles twice in our entire history. That shows how hard is really do that.

As I said above I think Lucho will get contract offer from the club even if we are trophyless this season. But then it's up to him to decide whether he'll accept that or not.

God Serena

Really? It would be unacceptable if we played in some inferior league where we'd be clearly the best team but not in La Liga with other great teams like RM and AM (yes, so far they are not as good as expected but I believe they would be a serious title contender in any league in the world) as title contenders. We've only won 3 (or more) consecutive La Liga titles twice in our entire history. That shows how hard is really do that.

As I said above I think Lucho will get contract offer from the club even if we are trophyless this season. But then it's up to him to decide whether he'll accept that or not.

We should easily be above this god-awful Madrid side in the table but we're trailing by 6 points. It's not about the difficulty of winning the league X amount of times in a row, we're struggling to win every game we play nowadays. Your stats don't mean a thing.

Home of Barca Fans